Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased a new 2014 Black 124 Spider Abarth for Christmas and for my 58th birthday. Drove it home with my wife from the dealership 188 miles from our home. We enjoyed the ride and the car. Arriving home we pulled into the drive and it was very windy. The wind caught the passengers door and slammed into a brick pillar.:crying: Three dents including the door handle. I tried to show no emotion knowing it was an accident. The doors are very light and hard to hold on to in a strong wind. My wife is sick over it. So I'm looking for a good body shop in the Houston area. Thought I would remove the door panel and push out the dents to make the wife feel better. I tried fix a dent and other ideas from the web with no success. Any idea where I can find a diagram to remove the door panel to I can access the dents from the reverse side?

·
Registered
268 Posts
Have you tried a pdr service? I had something fall on my nc hood and it looked horrible. But the pdr guy had it perfect in 15 minutes.ive got a new small ding and will use them again.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I put a dent and two scratches in my passenger door the first week. Went to a PDR who had special tools that slip into the door. No panel removal. The Fiat touchup paint wasn't an exact match but that is the only thing you can see.

·
Registered
349 Posts
I put a dent and two scratches in my passenger door the first week. Went to a PDR who had special tools that slip into the door. No panel removal. The Fiat touchup paint wasn't an exact match but that is the only thing you can see.
It's actually tricky to get the paint to match with just using touch up, there's a whole process involved to get it done right and that involves the sort of tools the average person doesn't have. Best to go to a detailer.

·
Registered
575 Posts
LOL in all fairness, I bet the initial dent was way less noticeable ;)

But I'm going to agree with everyone else,c call someone that can get er' done right. Touch up paint can sometimes end up being your worst nightmare and stick out more than the darn scratch had if it's not applied properly. Also, not doing the right prep work for touchup paint could result in it flaking off later on and you wouldn't want that either.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts