Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
It didn't look like there was any sort of launch control done.
Is that really needed? What ever happened to bringing up the RPMs to the point where the tires will stay connected when you drop the clutch? I must be getting old! Back in the day, computers didn't do the dragging; drivers did.

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
Is that really needed? What ever happened to bringing up the RPMs to the point where the tires will stay connected when you drop the clutch? I must be getting old! Back in the day, computers didn't do the dragging; drivers did.
He wasn't even doing that.

·
Registered
151 Posts
To me ---
All this said, the Miatta is stereo-typed into the younger ricer generation and the 124's are more of a Gentlemen's car, and of course Ladies. Like a Jaguar or RR, dignified. No need to speed, just enjoy the drive. I can spot a Miatta 1.5 miles away but the 124, needs to be much closer to figure out what it is. This was my experience before I purchased my spider. Thus the attraction.
Miatta = younger generation (tuner, nothing wrong with tuning a car by the way, I did that with my 308)
124 = adult, more refined. Relaxed and confident.
--
Am I stereotyping, sure. But, when you break down the psychology of said drivers and social appearance/acceptance that facts lie where society has granted them.
Just my take.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts