Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I assume that is the thermostat issue at 3200 miles. It’s safe to still drive ?. No smells or leaks. Thanks in advance.

·
Vendor
3,653 Posts
P1CEA is perfectly safe. Most of the time it's a leak somewhere between the intercooler pipe and the air box. If nothing is wrong clear the code and see if it comes back, often it wont.

Greg

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Have you changed your intake system? If so, check that all of your vacuum hose connections are tight. A loose connection can trigger a P1CEA code. OEM connections are all locked and shouldn't cause the the code to appear. If you are stock, check for cracks in the plastic barb connections. Good luck. These codes can be a real frustration.

·
Administrator
2,021 Posts
I had this issue come up, turned out to be one of the connections on the catch can. I used my own clamps, which apparently weren't the right size for the hoses, and one of them was leaking a tiny bit.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank for the info.i changed intake and installed catch can around 600 miles ago. Not sure why there is a problem now. Although , I did have a recent oil change. So how do I shut the light off?.

·
Vendor
3,653 Posts
You can shut it off with a phone or tablet app. Either "torque" or "dash command" will work well, plus, both are really useful for other things.

Greg

·
Registered
845 Posts
What do I use as a hook up?
You need a bluetooth OBDll code reader to plug into the car's connector. I use a BAFX34t5 for around $20.
Works well enough to read codes and erase them. Comes with good instructions and customer support.

You will find many varieties/brands on Amazon and eBay. Just search for OBDll connector. Sorry, don't know how to
provide you with a link!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts