Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I am only 165 cm high and I feel to deep in the spider. Anybody here to tell me what I could do ?
pillow ???;)

·
Super Moderator
1,210 Posts
Gee. My wife is the same height (165cm) and is she is fine. And I'm 180cm and I really wish that the seat went lower! Are you used to sitting high in a car?

·
Super Moderator
1,210 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
I am 162.5cm tall and I feel good in the seat. I do not like the front edge up, so i used the knob to lower it, otherwise i fell ok. I also understand the feeling that you will never feel like you can see the front of the car while you are sitting so low.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I'm 5'9". I must be all legs because I need the seat all the way back to feel comfortable. I seem to be really hunkered down low in the cabin but I love the view this way in the Spider. Plus I get to admire a great view of the curvaceous front sides. ;)

·
Super Moderator
1,210 Posts
Arm position is number one priority. You should be able to sit in the seat, without "reaching" (your shoulders should still be touching the seat back) and you should be able to rest your wrists on the top of the steering wheel. If you can't reach, then you are sitting too far from the steering wheel. Any performance driving instructor will tell you this. This is how I like to be seated.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Arm position is number one priority. You should be able to sit in the seat, without "reaching" (your shoulders should still be touching the seat back) and you should be able to rest your wrists on the top of the steering wheel. If you can't reach, then you are sitting too far from the steering wheel. Any performance driving instructor will tell you this. This is how I like to be seated.
Being short that is the great thing about being able to lower the steering column and not just tilt the steering wheel. The only draw back is that at times that also means i lower the column and block part of my view of the dash in some vehicles. Sometimes i only lower it far enough that it almost obstructs the speedo but not as far as i wish i could. Anyone getting in after me must raise the column or they won't get in. Also i am not usually comfortable unless my left foot can rest on the left rest spot. In a manual Wrangler the seat needs to be so far forward in order to push in the clutch that my knees actually rest on the knee blocker under the column.

·
Registered
116 Posts
My wife doesn't care for how deep the seats are in her Lexus. She actually looked into getting additional padding added but the prices we were quoted was insane.

That said, she actually doesn't mind the seats in the 124 at all. She's 5'4"

·
Super Moderator
1,210 Posts
This is why I wish the Abarth had telescopic adjustment on the steering. For my arms to be in the right position, I'm very slightly too close for my legs. Same problem on my MX5 of course!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts