Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sometimes (and I haven't been able to figure out any pattern), after I roll up my windows, turn off the ignition, and exit the car, the driver's side window rolls all the way
down. If I'm trying to leave with the car locked up (or just don't want the window open because of weather), this means I have to get back in, turn the car back on, roll up the window, and then re-exit.

I've reinitialized the windows per the instructions I've seen about other auto-window problems, but that hasn't helped with this one. Help! What's the cause and solution?

·
Premium Member
1,580 Posts
As nobody else has contributed as yet I will "guess" and "suggest" if that's okay with you.....no lights or codes showing so my guess would be a faulty switch assembly as it's only happening on drivers door which indicates the system is working fine, just local area to drivers door misbehaving itself, so...as you are in the USA, which in parts is much hotter than here in the UK, I expect your drivers window may be up and down like a fiddlers elbow, so...I would suggest that you either swap the two local motors over ( if possible ) and see what happens next, or, look for a used / new motor for drivers side, Mazda MX5 ND will most likely use same part but at a much cheaper cost, or...scrapyard / breakers yard, ebay, ect. Hope this helps or at least opens up the discussion here as I know other members have workshop manuals and if they see this thread will likely look the set up up and advice you what is possible...are there motors in place, can they be swapped over (part number, fixings..) Cheers
ron

1 - 3 of 3 Posts