Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Administrator
1,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone here noticed that on their car that the passenger seat sits lower than the driver seat? I went out with a buddy so he could try my car out and I immediately noticed that I had more head room in the passenger seat.

Any clue as to what difference there is between the two?

·
Super Moderator
1,210 Posts
Agree. The passenger seat does seem lower. I wish the driver's seat could be the same height!

·
Super Moderator
1,210 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
I haven't noticed the difference between passenger and driver. However, there is a difference between Lusso and Abarth driver seats and positioning for sure!

·
Registered
669 Posts
Seems interesting. Going to take some measurements.

Makes me wonder if a simple and free solution is possible by just switching the seats with their brackets?

·
Registered
560 Posts
Has anyone here noticed that on their car that the passenger seat sits lower than the driver seat? I went out with a buddy so he could try my car out and I immediately noticed that I had more head room in the passenger seat.

Any clue as to what difference there is between the two?
There is also much less leg room on the passenger side. I rode there once - never again.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I haven't noticed the difference between passenger and driver. However, there is a difference between Lusso and Abarth driver seats and positioning for sure!
Can you elaborate?

·
Registered
248 Posts
Can you elaborate?
Yeah, I have a perceived extra 2 inches of legroom in the Abarth that I don't seem to have in the Lusso. It's noticeable, as I have not been able to find a position in the Lusso as comfortable for driving as I have in the Abarth.

Once I have my roll bars installed, I should be able to drop the seat back one more notch and see if that's what the difference is.

I know the seats physically look different, so I wonder if that's whats affecting the driver position.

The red spider is Lusso. White is Abarth

Attachments

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
These seats in the lusso look more bigger or fatter or bulky what ever. LOL
Just a little remark, shouldn't the seat belt padding(Abarth) be read from top to bottom, I see you have it vice versa. I have the same and it give a bit of more prestige.

·
Registered
560 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
These seats in the lusso look more bigger or fatter or bulky what ever. LOL
Just a little remark, shouldn't the seat belt padding(Abarth) be read from top to bottom, I see you have it vice versa. I have the same and it give a bit of more prestige.
Hmmm... I'll swap them and see how it looks. I don't think there's any "correct" way for that one, but I did have to correct my Italian stripes when I first put them on. I had originally accidentally had it red-white-green, when it should've been green-white-red. :D

I took the approach of "what would a person walking up to the car see?". That's why I had the shield "upright" to the viewer.

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts