Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
949 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I added the Forge valve this morning. What I expected to be a ten minute job took an hour due to the lack of space between the intake hose and body of the blowout valve. I didn't have the issue with just the DV+.
I was able to force the band between the valve and intake hose by lubricating it with liquid soap. You have to orient the clamp with the single thickness section and then carefully force it into position.
If I were to repeat it, I think putting a little flat on the base of the valve would make life easier.
To add to the frustration, my screwdriver slipped away and is going to require removing the under panel to retrieve.
I hope this post saves somebody a bit of time.
Best regards
Pete

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
There's probably no need to run a clamp on the intake hose at the turbo.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
To add to the frustration, my screwdriver slipped away and is going to require removing the under panel to retrieve.
I had to chuckle at this!

I dropped a screwdriver when installing the V4, but already had the under panel off to replace a broken intercooler junction pipe/box...it barely made it out of the bottom of the car, there's so many hoses, cables, etc. for it to catch on.

If you have one of those flexi-pickup-thingys (you know, the thing!) you may be able to tap on the underside of the panel to get the screwdriver to hop to a visible place to grab it.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I ran into this same problem installing my Torque Solutions BOV adapter. I solved the problem by installing and clamping the intake first, then installing the BOV adapter and GFB diverter valve. With the intake clamp already tightened, there's plenty of room to install the BOV adapter.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts