Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone so i Own a dyno and when dynoing the car (in 5th) that car only goes to 5300 rpm why does this happen

·
Registered
49 Posts
Could be a couple things but first a few questions. What brand is the dyno? Inertia or Eddy Current? 2 or 4 wheel? What speed was showing @ 5300 rpm? Manual or automatic?

The 124 Spider does not like to be dyno'd with the front wheels stationary (the ecu will go full rich). Also, at 5300 rpm in 5th gear you could be hitting the speed limiter.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Its a 4 wheel drive Mustang dyno in 2wd mode so front wheels are off
I might be hitting limiter i didn't look at the MPH

Did i pull in 4th and the power said 230 thought that was a little high for the car being only 160 at the flywheel

How do other companies do dyno pulls if it hits the limiter

This is what my dyno looks like

·
Registered
958 Posts
To get an accurate reading, the front wheels need to be turning at the same speed as the back wheels, otherwise the ECU is going to interfere. Speed limit is 138 mph.

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
Don't know if you have an auto or a manual. 1:1 in the auto is 4th gear, and in the manual it is 5th gear.

·
Banned
210 Posts
Hello everyone so i Own a dyno and when dynoing the car (in 5th) that car only goes to 5300 rpm why does this happen
What type of dyno? Are you disabling traction control? 2WD Inertia dyno's work fine.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
so i guess ill try putting all 4 wheels on rollers and seeing if that works

and also i have an auto so 1:1 is fourth (MY BAD) I read it wrong

1 - 9 of 9 Posts