Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help nothing found yet, 3rd post

My car 2019 had emails from before I got the car (Jan. 2019) I did not get car till June 2019 and now I can not delete them, I have the radio users manual but no luck. Texts work but not email. Any trick to this. Thanks.

Thanks to anyone its getting to me now.

·
Premium Member
2,308 Posts
I'm not sure I follow...are you saying your car has emails on the infotainment system and you can't delete them?

I don't think I can help as mine is updated to CarPlay and I don't see any emails on mine. But if I guessed I would say its APP related if I did have emails. I plug my phone in when driving and don't use the bluetooth. But I do recall the system responds differently when its unplugged. But never any emails. Hmm maybe I should try and use Siri to send an email. She works well with texting.

aloha mike

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you all for responding, I'll look at the app on my phone and try again, or I'll ask the dog.

·
Premium Member
1,426 Posts
Well, before you ask the dog, I'll offer toss this out as a bone... if you don't have a lot of customizations or anything unique loaded on your Infotainment System yet, try doing a factory reset on it. That "might" clear out the prior user data. For sure it would restore setting to default values, but I'm not 100% certain about custom loaded data.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, before you ask the dog, I'll offer toss this out as a bone... if you don't have a lot of customizations or anything unique loaded on your Infotainment System yet, try doing a factory reset on it. That "might" clear out the prior user data. For sure it would restore setting to default values, but I'm not 100% certain about custom loaded data.
I do not see anything for other accounts, I am the first owner, so I think it must have come off my phone. I am clearing out my phone and if that is not it I'll give your reset a try, thank you

·
Registered
793 Posts
Do you mean it's possible to communicate with our cars?
My Alfa only speaks with our dogs, and they aren't sharing.
I found out my 2017 was emailing back and forth with a 2009 Solstice that lives down the block. Some saucy stuff too. That Solstice is far too old for my Abarth, so I had to shut that crap down.

·
Premium Member
1,426 Posts
I do not see anything for other accounts, I am the first owner, so I think it must have come off my phone. I am clearing out my phone and if that is not it I'll give your reset a try, thank you
I think there's a setting in there that's supposed to allow you to have your text messages copied and displayed to the Infotainment screen. It was trying to get that to work that (I think) screwed up my system so that I can only have one of my two USB ports function at a time. I used to be able to put a card in each of them and have them both show up as active as a music source. Now only one of them will work, whichever one gets something plugged into it first. Then the other one is greyed out as if there's nothing installed in it. The system is quirky as all get out. I even ran diagnostics on the system and it came back telling me both ports were just fine. Just another thing to add to the list of things about it that baffle me. Love the car, but the Infotainment System is wacky. I think part of it has to do with the small amount of resident memory it attempts to run on, which in this day and age is ludicrous given that memory is so cheap. Maybe eventually I'll end up replacing the head unit with the newer one that supports Android Auto, but I'm not angry enough with it yet to go that far. lol

And like StunnedMonkey says, stay away from those older MILFs (motors I'd like to fix). :)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think there's a setting in there that's supposed to allow you to have your text messages copied and displayed to the Infotainment screen. It was trying to get that to work that (I think) screwed up my system so that I can only have one of my two USB ports function at a time. I used to be able to put a card in each of them and have them both show up as active as a music source. Now only one of them will work, whichever one gets something plugged into it first. Then the other one is greyed out as if there's nothing installed in it. The system is quirky as all get out. I even ran diagnostics on the system and it came back telling me both ports were just fine. Just another thing to add to the list of things about it that baffle me. Love the car, but the Infotainment System is wacky. I think part of it has to do with the small amount of resident memory it attempts to run on, which in this day and age is ludicrous given that memory is so cheap. Maybe eventually I'll end up replacing the head unit with the newer one that supports Android Auto, but I'm not angry enough with it yet to go that far. lol

And like StunnedMonkey says, stay away from those older MILFs (motors I'd like to fix). :)
Thanks again, looks like I'll have a lot of looking around when I wake up the car this spring. Unless I get more dog mail or messages.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks again, looks like I'll have a lot of looking around when I wake up the car this spring. Unless I get more dog mail or messages.
OK so 2 months later and I still have e mail from months before I took delivery of the car new, how do I deleete all of the old emails. I have tried resetting but nothing, I did remove all the emails from my phone but the old (not mine) remain on the radio in the car...

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nothing happens or it says it can not be found, they are all on the same day long to my having the car ? It has many emails on the same day.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
it says unable to get from phone, I can not send picture , I did see the trash can but I can not get to it, not grayed out.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts