Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The current ECU tuner thread is way to long to search (I'm lazy).
I have an abarth a/t. The EC tuner sounds like what I want, but I want some clarification.

The stock sport switch effects engine, transmission, steering, stability cont.
Does the EC tuner enhance these, or just allow the stock settings. Is the ECU Tune just an ed+l in an abarth?
Does the sport switch do anything after a ECU tune?

Thanks for informed opinions.

·
Vendor
3,336 Posts
The current ECU tuner thread is way to long to search (I'm lazy).
I have an abarth a/t. The EC tuner sounds like what I want, but I want some clarification.

The stock sport switch effects engine, transmission, steering, stability cont.
Does the EC tuner enhance these, or just allow the stock settings. Is the ECU Tune just an ed+l in an abarth?
Does the sport switch do anything after a ECU tune?

Thanks for informed opinions.
None of our tunes alter the factory parameters for the steering, braking, or stability control. The Euro+Drive ECU tune alters numerous engine parameters, and in the case of the automatic cars, it makes the shifting slightly more aggressive.

The sport switch functions normally, however power is raised in both sport and non sport modes. Optionally, the buyer could have the Phase 1 tune loaded into both sport and non sport modes so power would be equal in either mode. That's quite popular.

I am not sure I understand the question about ED+1. I am going to guess you meant Euro+Drive Lite (EDL). If that's the case, then no, our Euro+Drive ECU tune is not the same, it's totally different.

Greg

·
Registered
261 Posts
An ECU tune is much more comprehensive compared to what a piggyback unit can offer. By comprehensive I mean complete control over all engine parameters, including all variables within sport and non-sport modes.

The ECU tune will improve drivability in non-sport mode. We have made a few things more efficient in regards to fuel usage and ignition timing. The boost curve is made more linear, and is much smoother than the factory boost curve. You will see part throttle and cruising scenarios with a much better, and more usable powerband without going too overboard.

Switching to sport mode will still enhance the parameters you mentioned above, but to our said specifications (i.e. more aggressive). Spikes and sudden drops in the boost range have been eliminated. Boost is more linear, and there's more of it in areas of the rpm range to enhance midrange power, and keep the car from falling on its face at higher rpm. Throttle control has been enhanced for sharper response, especially when going onto boost. Transmission characteristics now feature a more dynamic positive shift range for the automatic, acceleration rates have been improved, etc. We have not changed the steering characteristics, those will mostly be the same on Phase 1.

The sport button will still function as before, only with improved parameters.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts