Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
there are so many users from usa on this forum. naturally they are talking about their tuners and they can easily reach them. but what about european tuners, can't they tune ecu directly? i really want to know your opinions. :)

·
Registered
958 Posts
there are so many users from usa on this forum. naturally they are talking about their tuners and they can easily reach them. but what about european tuners, can't they tune ecu directly? i really want to know your opinions. :)
Please ignore Pete's comment. The Dimsport module isn't a direct tune. It is a piggyback unit which modifies signals from three sensors and sends the modified signals to the ECU. EuroCompulsion, the vendor and mapper of the Dimsport unit is producing direct tuned ECUs for the U.S. market and, I believe, is working on a tune for the European market ECUs.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Please ignore John's comment, he doesn't realise that the New Trasdata hardware EC uses to direct write to ECU's is also made by Dimsport.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Please ignore John's comment, he doesn't realise that the New Trasdata hardware EC uses to direct write to ECU's is also made by Dimsport.
Once again, you missed the point. It does not matter what hardware is used to write to the ECU, no one is writing to European ECUs, yet, and what you were referring to was a piggyback unit.

·
Registered
615 Posts
*sigh*

The OP asked "but what about european tuners, can't they tune ecu directly"?

EC offers a cloned ECU product. It's been oft spoken of here.

https://shopeurocompulsion.net/collections/new-releases/products/euro-drive-direct-tuning-clone-fiat-124-spider-abarth

Ok, ok, technically it's a rebadged Magneti Marelli product I suppose. My bad.

Either way it's modified using Dimsport hardware.

Dimsport are headquartered in Italy.

So to specifically answer the OP's question, yes, European tuners can write to the ECU directly, should any wish to do so.

I must be getting forgetful in my old age; can you please copy and paste the specific statement I made to them actually doing so? or to the EDL for that matter?

Cheers mate, you're a gem. :)

·
Vendor
3,099 Posts
Just to be clear, the ECU tunes we sell are made by us. They are not "rebadged" products.

Saying that our tune is a rebadged Dimsport product is like saying that Eric Clapton's music is simply relabed from Fender Guitars because that's the instrument he uses to help create it.

Trasdata is a tool. It's not something we sell, it's a tool we utilize.

Greg

·
Registered
615 Posts
A classic co-dependency; a musician is only as good as the instrument he plays, yet an instrument is also only as good as the musician who plays it.

Anyway... yes OP, European tuners can direct write to the ECU should they wish to do so.

I think that's the simple answer you're looking for. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.