Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
second fiat abarth. currently own a black 2013 500 abarth manual and my new toy red 124 spider abarth automatic.

Disappointed in the turbo and responsiveness of the spider, and considering the euro compulsion tune.

Also would like to get the heritage racing stripe but was told in december it was NOT offered and was still being developed, so any info others have on that would be appreciated, and whether you were happy with the color combo and workmanship after complete, and pricing.

·
Registered
560 Posts
second fiat abarth. currently own a black 2013 500 abarth manual and my new toy red 124 spider abarth automatic.

Disappointed in the turbo and responsiveness of the spider, and considering the euro compulsion tune.

Also would like to get the heritage racing stripe but was told in december it was NOT offered and was still being developed, so any info others have on that would be appreciated, and whether you were happy with the color combo and workmanship after complete, and pricing.
Most people seem to be getting the heritage stripe as a wrap. Do a search on the forum - lots of info there for that. Even the dealers are doing wraps as the hand-painted variety is a bit complicated to take care of. BTW - be sure and use sport mode. Makes a difference in responsiveness. The EC tunes have gotten really good reviews.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks! hearing the same thing on a wrap and considering going carbon fiber look. I use sport. is there any way you know of to set that in the menus as default instead of tripping it each time? EC tune as soon as i review it with my wife and we green light spending over my personal limit :). (if)

·
Registered
958 Posts
thanks! hearing the same thing on a wrap and considering going carbon fiber look. I use sport. is there any way you know of to set that in the menus as default instead of tripping it each time? EC tune as soon as i review it with my wife and we green light spending over my personal limit :). (if)
I've had the EC EDL for quite some time now and can say without reservation that it packs a way bigger punch than any 1.4 liter engine deserves. I got my Lusso at the end of August and have over 12,000 miles on it. I have made quite a number of enhancements, the latest being carbon fiber mirror covers. If you ever get up to Albuquerque, look me up. We can compare notes.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
those mirror covers look great john. will do. last time i went through albuquerque i visited the breaking bad house (Walter).. it's not too far away for us in the southwest! got approval on my ec tune. think i'm going to go with the euro drive lite dynamic... can't honestly see spending 1299 for a new ecu or being without it for 4 days. it's my daily driver into mexico

1 - 5 of 5 Posts