101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m noticing there are different engine covers in photos
Does each model have its own distinct cover design
Any rhyme or reason?

·
Registered
152 Posts
For the 2017 models, the engine covers are the same except the Abarth has red printing vs white on the Lusso and Classica. This is probably to match the red stitching and accent theme which is exclusive to the Abarth. The engine cover on the 2018's is a different design altogether. Probably the only thing physically differentiating the two model years that I know of.

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Well I have to say yes it's different now, LOL I customized mine cost me $5. in all paint and badge. Getting the scorpion badge to add on so make it $8.

Attachments

Reactions: Aldo

·
Registered
638 Posts
For the 2017 models, the engine covers are the same except the Abarth has red printing vs white on the Lusso and Classica. This is probably to match the red stitching and accent theme which is exclusive to the Abarth. The engine cover on the 2018's is a different design altogether. Probably the only thing physically differentiating the two model years that I know of.
The 2017 N/A Abarth have red "Fiat" printing while other parts of the world get the scorpio Abarth logo.

Reactions: CDPond

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Wolf18, we got shafted on the HP(not the sauce) and Badge. Did you check the Fiat Canada, they're giving $5,500 rebate on 2017 but the catch(not Oil catch can) they are charging 4.9% interest on Finance. Last year this time they were giving 2
$2,500 rebate +$500 Xmas or Black Friday and 0% int. on 7 years Finance.

When you do your maths it's more expensive to buy today than last year.

Reactions: TeddyK and wolf18t

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
My 2018 Lusso jut says FIAT in White with white stripes and I’ve seen the Abarth is badged ABARTH
So the “Mult Air Turbo”with the outlining was a ‘17 cover only or did it carry over to the 2018 Classica

·
Registered
660 Posts
All of the 124's sold in North America have the FIAT engine cover. In other markets, (Europe and maybe others) Abarths have a cover with a Scorpion logo instead of a FIAT logo.

The proper Abarth cover can be purchased from suppliers in the UK.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
2017 Abarth : Original NA cover on the left. European cover on the right.

Attachments

·
Registered
638 Posts
Wolf18, we got shafted on the HP(not the sauce) and Badge. Did you check the Fiat Canada, they're giving $5,500 rebate on 2017 but the catch(not Oil catch can) they are charging 4.9% interest on Finance. Last year this time they were giving 2
$2,500 rebate +$500 Xmas or Black Friday and 0% int. on 7 years Finance.

When you do your maths it's more expensive to buy today than last year.
I didn't check prices lately, but I got mine last april for 40.2K (including Fiat exterior cover)+ taxes @ 0% APR over 84 months. I also got the "Roulez à vie" dealer promo. Lifetime free oil change, brake pads and tires replacement.

·
Registered
170 Posts
This debate may be moot for those engines with upgraded coil packs that are too fat to fit under a cover.

Reactions: sdlynx

·
Registered
291 Posts
This debate may be moot for those engines with upgraded coil packs that are too fat to fit under a cover.
All that needs to be done with upgraded coil packs is to notch the back of the cover and add a washer or 2 to the mounting posts. I'm running Alfa 4C coil packs with a Abarth version engine cover and I have plenty of room. Actually I don't think I needed to add the washers but I did so to ensure clearance. Cheers

·
Registered
170 Posts
Good to know, thanks.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
@dave755 where did you put the washers? See picture. Mahalo! (I just got the coils...haven't installed them yet). Guess I'll be notching my cover to fit!

Attachments

·
Registered
660 Posts
2017 Abarth : Original NA cover on the left. European cover on the right.
Where did you get the Abarth oil cap? Looks great.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts

Attachments

Reactions: GregtheBike

·
Registered
291 Posts
@dave755 where did you put the washers? See picture. Mahalo! (I just got the coils...haven't installed them yet). Guess I'll be notching my cover to fit!
HI Dfnsmn34, I put the washer(s) under #5 (the male connector) on the engine. Be careful when removing and installing especially during tightening as part #5 is plastic and it can break easily. I know I broke one and had to order it from the dealership.

You may not need to add the washer(s) as the cover may clear without them. I added them as insurance. The notch in the back is the most important change needed to allow the cover to fit. I used a dremel with a cutting blade to make the notch. It took all of about 15 minutes to notch, add the washers and reinstall.

Cheers

Reactions: Mike34

·
Registered
660 Posts

·
Registered
1,964 Posts

·
Registered
1,964 Posts

·
Registered
3,951 Posts
Pics of 2018 engine cover? Just curious what it looks like.

1 - 20 of 84 Posts