Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner
41 - 60 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
So what oil do you have in your car at the moment... and who did it for you ? You should use the oil as specified..... not what someone told you to use !!! And what exactly is your issue today ?
So now I have 5w40 ENI, and my issue is that sometimes when I start the engine, I have a red oil waring light for the low oil pressure. I have to go up to 2k rpm to turn off that light...

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Sometimes ? Like 50 % of the time or more/less than this ? Is it more so when engine is cold or does it also happen when engine is warmed up ? Have you rechecked dipstick level ? Does it ever come on once you are driving ?
Like in the past two weeks I got it about 3 times maybe, using the car every days !
Only when the engine is cold. Oil level is good I've rechecked. And no only when I turn on the engine and it is cold.

My theory is that maybe the oil won't go on pressure as fast as the engine require. So the security block the module. Because as I told, if I give gas to 2k rpm, the oil pressure light disappear

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
As mentioned and advised previously by myself and others..... If it were my car I would Replace the Oil and the Oil Filter with the correct oil and oil filter EXACTLY as specified in the Owners Handbook. Nothing else at this stage. Not what your dealer recommends, not aftermarket, not what others tell you they are using (even if it is "better" or exceeds OEM requirements). Then if problem persists, go back to the dealer.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
As mentioned and advised previously by myself and others..... If it were my car I would Replace the Oil and the Oil Filter with the correct oil and oil filter EXACTLY as specified in the Owners Handbook. Nothing else at this stage. Not what your dealer recommends, not aftermarket, not what others tell you they are using (even if it is "better" or exceeds OEM requirements). Then if problem persists, go back to the dealer.
where can I find it on the owners handbook exactly ? Thank you, and yes the oil filter and maybe also the oil pump will be changed !

·
Registered
3,478 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
BEFORE the first issue ? So the issue started when you changed to a different oil ??? So why aren't you using the correct oil now ???
Before my first issue I used the factory oil, I didn't change to another one, that's the point

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
OK I suggest you go back to the dealer who did all the work on your car and failed to resolve your issues. .... I hope he didn't charge you for not fixing your car.
they told me that when they changed my uniair module there was the error on the computer and that's why they changed... I paid 1000€ for oil change and a new uniair module... all that to have the same issue one month later.. they say that it was a problem to solve and now there is a new one...

·
Registered
2018 Abarth 124 Spider, Mare Blue / Nero Abarth Leather, Brembo's, Record Monza, Automatic
918 Posts
I just saw this today. Do you know of a better source for DTC codes? The one I published was the best available years ago, when I published.
Hi Dan, I pulled the code descriptions directly from my 2018 Fiat/Abarth service manual (on CD) that I purchased directly from Tech Authority. Best, s.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Thanks SteveP. I added a note (shown below) to my article, so readers won't take the DTC definition as gospel. The Service Manual doesn't have a convenient table with the codes, but rather an inconvenient menu of links, that would be difficult to share.

PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS SHOULD ONLY SERVE AS A GUIDE, AND THAT THE CODE SHOULD BE LOOKED UP IN THE SERVICE MANUAL FOR VERIFICATION, PRIOR TO ACTUALLY ORDERING PARTS / COMMENCING REPAIRS.

Cal, does that help?

·
Registered
2018 Abarth 124 Spider, Mare Blue / Nero Abarth Leather, Brembo's, Record Monza, Automatic
918 Posts
To @aless124 : Here is my advice: Use Selenia Abarth 5w-40 or Shell Helix Ultra 5w-40 with a new be OEM oil filter (European PN provided by @Brexit!). Once this has been done, install an oil pressure gauge where the switch is next to the oil filter housing as suggested above and see if you have sufficient oil pressure when cold. That will tell you if you need a pump or not. So, change oil and filter, run the engine for a few seconds by, shut off, allow to get cold, install gauge and check the oil pressure cold. Let us know when you have a reading and what it is. Alternatively, take it back to the dealer and let it be his problem to solve. Best wishes, s.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
To @aless124 : Here is my advice: Use Selenia Abarth 5w-40 or Shell Helix Ultra 5w-40 with a new be OEM oil filter (European PN provided by @Brexit!). Once this has been done, install an oil pressure gauge where the switch is next to the oil filter housing as suggested above and see if you have sufficient oil pressure when cold. That will tell you if you need a pump or not. So, change oil and filter, run lternengine, shut off, allow to get cold, install gauge and check the oil pressure cold. Let us know when you have a reading and what it is. Alternatively, take it back to the dealer and let it be his problem to solve. Best wishes, s.
I think that I will do that ! thanks ! do you think a simple obd could be precise or should I take a real gauge ?

·
Registered
918 Posts
A real gauge, as it may be just be a oil pressure switch or sensor fault. You need to be able to tell what the actual pressure is, so follow the procedure above. s.

41 - 60 of 78 Posts