61 - 78 of 78 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,134 Posts
<edited>

·
Premium Member
3,134 Posts
I just saw this today. Do you know of a better source for DTC codes? The one I published was the best available years ago, when I published.
There's a detailed section on DTC codes in the MOPAR tech authority service manuals under the diagnostics section, but nothing in a basic table form... just a long list of the codes... but to make it more entertaining, they don't list all of the codes, just specific ones relating to specific issues....
Example below:
Rectangle Font Material property Screenshot Software

Reactions: ameridan

·
Read Only
1,692 Posts
Here's something to check: is the cartridge-style oil filter installed correctly? I ride motorcycles, and it's very common for people to install the oil filter cartridge in the wrong way, which results in low / no oil pressure.

·
Registered
2018 Abarth 124 Spider, Mare Blue / Nero Abarth Leather, Brembo's, Record Monza, Automatic
912 Posts
Correct. And aftermarket or damaged filters have also been known to cause low/no oil pressure issues. s.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
To go along with Magoffin's comment, if the oil filter cap falls on the floor, insure that the oil bypass valve that snaps into the bottom of the interior cavity, sits properly. Most people don't even realize that extra piece is even there. I'm not sure what would happen if the assembly is installed with that valve misaligned.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
Here's something to check: is the cartridge-style oil filter installed correctly? I ride motorcycles, and it's very common for people to install the oil filter cartridge in the wrong way, which results in low / no oil pressure.
Hi, I don’t know at all, but I will change it next week and tell you if I still have the problem… in that case I think the best would be to change the oil pump

·
Read Only
1,692 Posts
Hi, I don’t know at all, but I will change it next week and tell you if I still have the problem… in that case I think the best would be to change the oil pump
Here's a video showing the correct orientation of the oil filter cartridge in the housing.

·
Registered
2020 Abarth 124 Brillante White Velleno package with Monza exhaust.
1,126 Posts
Doesn’t the oil filter snap into the cap? How the heck do you put it on backwards?! Lol the orientation of the valve or whatever on the cap is something new does that move or something? I have never messed with it just popped off the filter snapped in the new one, which by the way doesn’t screw in properly if not seated fully. Then filled and ran.

·
Registered
2018 Abarth 124 Spider, Mare Blue / Nero Abarth Leather, Brembo's, Record Monza, Automatic
912 Posts
Hi @aless124 , have you resolved your oil supply problem yet? If so, what was the real fix? Best, s

·
Registered
705 Posts
Doesn’t the oil filter snap into the cap? How the heck do you put it on backwards?! Lol the orientation of the valve or whatever on the cap is something new does that move or something? I have never messed with it just popped off the filter snapped in the new one, which by the way doesn’t screw in properly if not seated fully. Then filled and ran.
Believe it or not, an independent garage near me put the oil filter in my Fiat 500 upside down. They set the filter upside down in the housing, then screwed the cap on tight, crushing the bypass valve.

The car ran fine and I had no reason to suspect anything was wrong. I found it on my next oil change. As I remember it, the filter was crushed a bit, and the broken bypass valve parts were in the housing. (just parts of the plastic "flange" that the filter clips onto, and plastic from the filter.) I replaced the cap, changed the oil, and never had a problem with it.

This happened back in 2013 or 2014. I generally do the oil changes myself, but I was working a lot at the time, and it was February and cold out. The garage was conveniently located near where I worked. I never went back to them.

• Wow
Reactions: mtnghost and 17221

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
Hi @aless124 , have you resolved your oil supply problem yet? If so, what was the real fix? Best, s
Hi,

Great to hear you again !

Well, I've changed the oil and the oil filter,
I still have couple of time the red oil pression light on the dashboard but if I accelerate a bit (2k rpm) it dissapear. It makes me this only when it's cold.

But it never turned off again.

Thank you for your interest.

Have a great day.

Alessandro

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hi,

I still have couple of time the red oil pression light on the dashboard but if I accelerate a bit (2k rpm) it dissapear. It makes me this only when it's cold.

Have a great day.

Alessandro
I had an old school Fiat do that. The oil pressure light flickered at idle but not when the RPMs came up. It was a bad oil pump.

Reactions: mtnghost

·
Registered
912 Posts
Hi,

Have a great day.

Alessandro
I think I would get this issue fixed before you need an engine. A red oil light flickering is not normal - start by hitching up an oil pressure gauge. s

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello everyone, so I've first had this issue a month ago, the workshop told me to change the multiair module and the spark plugs, They did it and yesterday I've got exactly the same issue. The engine doesn't want to turn on. So I've decided to take a syringe fill up with oil, and inject it directly on the little ball (picture 2). Then I've disconnected the oil pump fuse and it turned on ! so I'm here asking if someone know this issue, and what can I do to get 100% get rid off.

Thank you very much
(you can look at the problem here) :

It was the oil pump in my car it was replaced solved the problem
View attachment 87306

61 - 78 of 78 Posts