Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Fiat 124 Spider Lusso
355 Posts
P.S. I wonder how are the climate chappies are gonna deal with a billion dead lithium batteries? (Sorry, I'l go back to my music now).
...or when they will acknowledge the pollution created to mine for the lithium to create them...

Reactions: CDNA

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
P.S. I wonder how are the climate chappies are gonna deal with a billion dead lithium batteries? (Sorry, I'l go back to my music now).
Also, I wonder if we're really ready to replace Saudi Arabia et al in the Middle East with Bolivia and the Democratic Republic of Congo as the countries we're strategically beholden to. Oh - not to mention China, which owns a huge percentage of the mines pulling this stuff out the ground, and is essentially the only game in town when it comes to processing the raw materials.

·
Premium Member
2017 Prima GWR Exhaust,, SS Pedals, Turbo Blanket, Hood Struts, Various Trim add ons..
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Way out of my area of knowledge but maybe in 10 to 15 years it'll all be academic anyway. "They'll" just insist that if you want to roam around in a 4 wheeled box it must be all or part electric.

All this legislation might be to lay the groundwork for uninspiring but "green" cars and purge the desire to personalise, after all there's gonna be a lot less opportunity with batteries.

Thank you for your thoughts. I think you are spot on about the electric cars going to be pretty much the only choice. Your hypothesis that it is by design does seem quite probable. Another that comes to mind is that the, with the new administration, they will be able to push the envelope more than than they could have under the past administration.
I suppose time will tell. Thanks again for your thoughts and contribution to this discussion.
Best,
CDNA

·
Registered
355 Posts
Thank you for your thoughts. I think you are spot on about the electric cars going to be pretty much the only choice. Your hypothesis that it is by design does seem quite probable. Another that comes to mind is that the, with the new administration, they will be able to push the envelope more than than they could have under the past administration.
I suppose time will tell. Thanks again for your thoughts and contribution to this discussion.
Best,
CDNA
Here's to hoping that the new Porsche-type fuel that will allegedly make gasoline-powered cars run as clean as EV's becomes an accessible reality. I'm crossing my fingers and my toes for that, as it will keep my toys on the road.

·
Premium Member
2017 Prima GWR Exhaust,, SS Pedals, Turbo Blanket, Hood Struts, Various Trim add ons..
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Here's to hoping that the new Porsche-type fuel that will allegedly make gasoline-powered cars run as clean as EV's becomes an accessible reality. I'm crossing my fingers and my toes for that, as it will keep my toys on the road.
Hmm I have to research that tech.. Is it akin to the
Hydrogen tech that Honda is beta testing in California?
I wouldn’t worry about your stable being able to legally drive on public US Roads and Highways. Any proposed or enacted legislation prohibiting us from operating fossil fuel internal combustion engines on public thoroughfares would be an Expos Facto (after the fact) statute & immediately be deemed as unconstitutional. Excellent contribution to the discussion!!
TU!
cDNA

·
Registered
385 Posts
Paragraph from DW news (March 2021).

"Enter electrofuels or eFuels as Porsche calls it — synthetic methanol gasoline that will be produced using green hydrogen, made with renewable energy. The fuel will burn the same as gasoline made from crude oil but without the huge greenhouse gas emissions. It can be sold at the existing network of filling stations globally and Porsche owners won't need to get their engines modified."

Which might mean that others may need to get their engines modified. Will they make it patent free to benefit the world? I wouldn't bet on it.

There's an awful lot of water to flow under this bridge yet!

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Thank You!!!
Very clever Pun! (y)

·
Registered
355 Posts
Paragraph from DW news (March 2021).

"Enter electrofuels or eFuels as Porsche calls it — synthetic methanol gasoline that will be produced using green hydrogen, made with renewable energy. The fuel will burn the same as gasoline made from crude oil but without the huge greenhouse gas emissions. It can be sold at the existing network of filling stations globally and Porsche owners won't need to get their engines modified."

Which might mean that others may need to get their engines modified. Will they make it patent free to benefit the world? I wouldn't bet on it.

There's an awful lot of water to flow under this bridge yet!
Exactly. That's why I mentioned "Porsche-type," as I am envisioning Porsche making this proprietary. Hopefully, this may lay the groundwork for something universal.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts