Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I plugged my brand new OBDII reader in today, fired up Pearl. (2017 Abarth) and got a P0300 "Random Cylinder Misfire" error code. No CEL lights or anything else...just that code. Other than the Record Monza exhaust, that I added a few thousand miles ago, the engine and exhaust system are bone stock, 13,800 miles. Bad plug? Bad ignition coil? Injector? Guess it's time to make a service appointment. What's the most likely cause?

·
Registered
52 Posts
So far ive checked for boost, vacuum and exhaust leaks as well as changed spark plugs and oil. The code comes back very quickly at EC tune 2 and takes much longer to come back when running ec tune 3 (2.75 really).

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So far ive checked for boost, vacuum and exhaust leaks as well as changed spark plugs and oil. The code comes back very quickly at EC tune 2 and takes much longer to come back when running ec tune 3 (2.75 really).
Might also be a bad or weak coil pack...have you checked those yet? I've got a service appt. on the 17th...(traveling 'til then) I'll update with what (if anything) they find.

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
So I plugged my brand new OBDII reader in today, fired up Pearl. (2017 Abarth) and got a P0300 "Random Cylinder Misfire" error code. No CEL lights or anything else...just that code. Other than the Record Monza exhaust, that I added a few thousand miles ago, the engine and exhaust system are bone stock, 13,800 miles. Bad plug? Bad ignition coil? Injector? Guess it's time to make a service appointment. What's the most likely cause?
Pull your plugs and make sure they are gapped to .024 (or is it .023? Someone help me out here.). If that doesn't work change the plugs. If the plugs don't work I'd take it to the dealer at that point if you have a stock engine.

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
I have the EC 4C coil packs installed since last summer. I plan on reinstalling the originals to see if that clears it up.
P0300 is a tune issue if you are a running an aftermarket tune. Toby should be able to fixe that.

·
Registered
13 Posts
This happened to me as well after installing a DV+, v4 intake and ec stage 1 tune. @Greg any help here? Vehicle is brand new, bought these parts from you guys, made the changes and when entering the highway this morning check engine started blinking while I accelerated. Error code found was p0300 just as the above stated. Possibly a bad tune?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts