Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 20 of 766 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are pleased to offer our EURO+DRIVE Phase 2 map upgrade for the 124 Spider and Abarth versions (both transmissions included).

HOW TO RECEIVE PHASE 2:
To receive this Phase 2 upgrade, please download the Tune Request Form (which can be found in the Euro+Drive Instructions folder, and 124 Spider/Abarth subfolder on the portal), fill this form out, and upload it to your personal portal folder. We will receive notification of the file upload, and complete your new map as requested. *Please note that these will not be instantaneous, and may take some time for processing*

MAP SELECTIONS:
Your map choices and selections are the following:
-Phase 1 + new available features
-Phase 2 + new available features
-Phase 2 DUAL MAP Option + new available features (this option allows the user to overlay an existing map calibration into the non sport mode slot on the Phase 2 map (for applicable sport button vehicles only). Choices for non sport mode are: Phase 1 or Eco-mode (much like the stock non-sport mode selection)

*Please note, when filling out this form you are allowed one selection from the above list. For users adding new available features to your existing P1 map, you will be allowed to update your form if/when you choose to upgrade to P2*

PHASE 2 FEATURES:
These features have been added and improved over the P1 calibration.

TECHNICAL INFO: HERE

-Torque Management has been optimized to greater levels across the curve, packing a bigger punch over a larger area of the powerband.
-Throttle Enhancement has been improved to deliver quick throttle response and smoother part throttle drivability.
-Boost curve and levels have been maximized for higher rpm power, less turbo lag, and increased linear response throughout the powerband. We have deemed these pressure levels to be the safest, highest possible on the stock turbo design.
-Increased Acceleration.
-Air Flow/Pressure Efficiency enhancements have been made and optimized for various temperature and air pressure scenarios.
-AUTO Transmission drivability has been improved, with quicker downshift logic, increased torque application, decreased lag in WOT scenarios, and sharper throttle response at part throttle to WOT.

ADD ONS:
-Raised Rev Limiter (6800rpm)
-CEL Elimination and optimization for High Flow CAT and Catless downpipe applications
-Launch Control (MT Trans Only)
-Park/Neutral Rev Limiter Removal (AT Trans Only)

-Pops and Bangs (Additional Charge Applies)
When this is purchased, you can add this feature to any existing map. This way you can flash back to the previous map if the noise is too much. This will sound best on vehicles with a modified exhaust, muffler delete, catless or high flow cat system. This feature is also all encompassing and it will be present in both non sport and sport mode. There is no way to turn it off using the sport button.

(We have successfully raised the rev limiter in both manual and automatic mode on our AT trans test car, but I do not recommend this feature for an AT car except in regards to a race application)

TESTING INFO:
Dyno testing was completed on our in house system. However, these results are without our high powered fans, and with very limited air flow. We are also receiving some upgrades to the dyno control operation electronics, which may have changed the results at the time of these runs. We may update this thread with additional P2 dyno runs, but we did not want to delay the release of this map any longer.

DYNO DATABASE: HERE

We chose median runs from our series of tests. Over 200 runs were completed in the testing of Phase 2. Both automatic and manual trans cars were tested on the dyno, achieving similar results. Both types of vehicles were equipped with the V4 intake. We tested P2 both with and without our upgraded intercooler kit to find that vehicles equipped with our intercooler often yielded slightly higher results (impressive considering there was almost zero air moving through the intercooler). However, the vehicles not equipped with our intercooler kit showed higher temperatures overall under the same testing techniques, and the stock intercooler lines did not reliably maintain the increased boost pressure of P2 (possibly due to slow leaks at the factory slipjoints). This is primarily why we have chosen to require the upgraded intercooler kit to run P2.

Both charts show WHP and BHP. Our dyno calculates engine power based on measured dissipation and resistance on the rollers during post run coast-downs. These are merely estimates, but fairly accurate ones.

Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions. We will be on Christmas break after the 22nd until Jan 2nd. If you submit your form within this time, I will get to them promptly when I return. Thanks!

·
Administrator
1,852 Posts
Awesome explanation and very impressive numbers.

Is it my correct understanding that the first chart uses the stock intercooler and the second uses the EC intercooler? That isn't very clear in the post.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
*Please note, when filling out this form you are allowed one selection from the above list. For users adding new available features to your existing P1 map, you will be allowed to update your form if/when you choose to upgrade to P2.
Can I ask for the P1+ if I am not interested in the P2? Sorry confused

·
Registered
719 Posts
Very exciting! Just submitted my tune request form (lol) - how do we go about purchasing the addons (i.e. "pops and bangs")?

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Awesome explanation and very impressive numbers.

Is it my correct understanding that the first chart uses the stock intercooler and the second uses the EC intercooler? That isn't very clear in the post.
My apologies, both charts are the same runs (one whp and the other engine hp). The intercooler was installed on the P2 runs.

The fans will be blowing out about 50-70mph of air on the intercooler, so I think there is some power still left on the dyno table to be had. We had some runs slightly higher than the one shown, but I didn't feel that the higher results were occurring consistently enough to warrant publishing. The fact that they weren't is probably due to the variances in air flow, but I will find out for sure.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Can I ask for the P1+ if I am not interested in the P2? Sorry confused
Yes, take a look at the tune request form, you can select the features for just P1.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Very exciting! Just submitted my tune request form (lol) - how do we go about purchasing the addons (i.e. "pops and bangs")?
Chris should have the option up for purchase this evening sometime.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Thank You, and being a neophyte as far as all these goodies are concerned, what do you recommend I ask for?

·
Registered
386 Posts
Thanks for great news!
Sorry, I don't understand clear.
What is the difference between P1 and P1+?
If I have already P1. And for now, I want to try P1+ Before than receive intercooler update can I get later P2 without additional charge?

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for great news!
Sorry, I don't understand clear.
What is the difference between P1 and P1+?
If I have already P1. And for now, I want to try P1+ Before than receive intercooler update can I get later P2 without additional charge?
There is no charge for P2.

What is available is simply Phase 1, with the added options (like launch control, redline increase, etc). Same map, just some fun options. We wanted to make the options available to people who were not ready to upgrade to P2.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank You, and being a neophyte as far as all these goodies are concerned, what do you recommend I ask for?
That's a tough one. The raised rev limiter and launch control are fun options that I like.

Personally, I like the pops and bangs, but it is not for everyone.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
There is no charge for P2.

What is available is simply Phase 1, with the added options (like launch control, redline increase, etc). Same map, just some fun options. We wanted to make the options available to people who were not ready to upgrade to P2.
Will you kindly explain them to me? I understand the redline increase, but not the others for the manual tranny.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Or asked another way; if I don't have P1 can I order P1+?
Appreciate your patience for the uninitiated.
If you do not currently own Euro+Drive, you will still get the same access if you purchase it later. Each new owner will have the opportunity to download the request form and fill it out when they're setup on the portal.

(and as a side note, I believe Chris will be running a Christmas sale going into the new year)

·
Registered
719 Posts
That's a tough one. The raised rev limiter and launch control are fun options that I like.

Personally, I like the pops and bangs, but it is not for everyone.
Any downsides to the 6800 limiter? Also, just curious - how do you guys go about enabling the pops and bangs in this engine?

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Lol - there will be a bunch of us running round like it’s - well - Christmas tonight.

Cheers EC folks.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Will you kindly explain them to me? I understand the redline increase, but not the others for the manual tranny.
The raised rev limit is self explanatory. The CEL elimination is only necessary for those with catless or high flow cat modifications.

Launch control is very simple. At a stop, with the clutch in and car in gear, you can press the gas pedal all the way down to the floor. This activates the launch control rpm. For example, let's say it is set at 4000rpm. In this scenario, with your foot pressing the gas pedal to the floor, it limits the revs to 4000rpm. You can then let the clutch out without taking your foot off the gas, and launch the car from a stop much more effectively.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Any downsides to the 6800 limiter? Also, just curious - how do you guys go about enabling the pops and bangs in this engine?
No downsides in regards to the mildly raised rev limiter. We enable the pops and bangs the same way Jaguar and other major manufacturers do, it is not done via dumping fuel but done the proper way.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Oh man !!!!!

got my EC tuner in garage ....unutilised (waiting until I do some more mods over Christmas - more motivated than ever now)

I like what I see - seems to address those things that now sorta bug me ........lag !! lack of puff in the upper rev ranges

Now you have me thinking about that intercooler - just when I thought I have expended all my modding fund......**** you EC !!!!

1 - 20 of 766 Posts
About this Discussion
765 Replies
77 Participants
sharkcohen
Fiat 124 Spider Forum
We invite you to join the largest Fiat 124 Spider forum community & owner’s club! Here you can discuss Abarth, turbo & tuning, service, specs, maintenance plus more!
Full Forum Listing