Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a couple hundred miles on the tune in my Lusso. The first thing you will notice right away is that the power is much more linear. I don't know how they do it but the turbo lag is also much less noticeable as well. It pulls strong to 6500. What was such a narrow power band before is usable throughout the entire range. It makes it feel like a different engine.

It feels more powerful in the higher RPM range. On a spirited sprint to 60 with my manual first to second and second to third chirp the tires and light up the traction control. That didn't happen when I was driving before the tune. It will be interesting to see some timed runs in the car with the tune.

A quick note about the installation. There is plenty of room to remove and install the ECU without removing the ducting from the the turbo. If you detach the ducting at the air box end it makes the removal and installation much easier.

A couple days after I put the new ECU in I had a Remus axle back installed. It is exactly what I was looking for. It is nice and quiet at low RPM's, but when you get on it it has a nice deep growl. I didn't want something obnoxious, and it's not at all, but it is what the car needed in my opinion.

·
Registered
805 Posts
To Finny and others considering the ECU Clone, installation can be made much easier by removing the air box and ducting (less than 10 mins) The easiest way to access the ECU attaching hardware is to remove the bolts securing the large aluminum mounting plate to which the ECU is attached. Three 12mm head bolts and one ground cable. There is a sub harness secured to the mounting plate. Leave that alone. With the mounting bolts removed the plate with ECU attached can be tilted toward you giving full access to ECU hardware. You can get your hands in there, and more importantly, you can see what you're doing.

Less than a hundred miles on the install, and I am impressed. As Eurocompulsion says, it will take a couple hundred miles to adapt.

Don't forget to disconnect the battery before starting the installation......

·
Registered
56 Posts
So the manual version is out? Do we have an expected time for the stage 2?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Entering the highway this morning the car chirped the tires and lit up the traction control shifting from third to fourth. Impressive.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Entering the highway this morning the car chirped the tires and lit up the traction control shifting from third to fourth. Impressive.
Finny:

You animal, you. Keep a close eye on the rearview mirror. Have you tried it with T/C off? Only kidding.
Be careful. Enjoy anyway.

·
Vendor
3,369 Posts
Finny, thanks for that review. Obviously I am glad to hear you are enjoying our tune, but I am also really glad to hear that you like the Remus exhaust. I think you are the first to comment on it. I know the Remus system is expensive, but everything I have ever seen from them is high quality and well designed.

Greg

1 - 6 of 6 Posts