Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help!
I’ve installed the Eurocompulsion v4 on my spider with no problems except one - the air filter component did not have any sticker or other mark telling me which way to instal it! If I look inside, the air filter is in a cone shape, and I have installed it with the point of the cone in the direction of the air (Ie. to the right.) The end which is to the right has a kind of orange plastic insert/bracket inside if I look in.

Is this the right way? I have no way to tell - performance driving seems good.
Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
215 Posts
Help!
I’ve installed the Eurocompulsion v4 on my spider with no problems except one - the air filter component did not have any sticker or other mark telling me which way to instal it! If I look inside, the air filter is in a cone shape, and I have installed it with the point of the cone in the direction of the air (Ie. to the right.) The end which is to the right has a kind of orange plastic insert/bracket inside if I look in.

Is this the right way? I have no way to tell - performance driving seems good.
Thanks in advance!
Search is your friend: Installation instructions are linked from EC's website, including a forum thread where our own XtremeRevolution covers direction in which to install the filter:
Note: the air filter has to be installed such that the opening of the filter cone (look inside) is facing the factory ram air outlet.
which helps in case the directional sticker mentioned in EC's installation instructions on page 11 is not present as advertised.

Yw, S

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Many thanks! I had seen those instructions from XtremeRevolution but missed that sentence - my bad! This is the direction I intuitively installed it, so all good, I reckon.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts