Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,

I installed my Eurocompulsion V4 intake a few weeks back and all has been wonderful since. Quick question though, how does one clean that air filter? When does it need to be cleaned? Does it not need anything?

Sorry if this is a silly question, I couldn't find anything concrete.
Thanks!

·
Registered
676 Posts
Hey All,

I installed my Eurocompulsion V4 intake a few weeks back and all has been wonderful since. Quick question though, how does one clean that air filter? When does it need to be cleaned? Does it not need anything?

Sorry if this is a silly question, I couldn't find anything concrete.
Thanks!
Well Greg would be the best response here. But, here is what I do.

1. Every oil change at 3,000 miles I clean it, clean any oil out as well, and check my catch can.

2. Keep the canister and filter together

3. I spray it down with 409 (or you can use dish soap).

4. Let is sit for 20 mins or so

5. Give it a VERY good rinse with warm water inside and out until I feel there is no more cleaner left.

6. Set it up on its end over a couple pieces of wood so it can drain and dry faster. I just let it sit over night.

7. Reinstall

·
Registered
76 Posts
Well Greg would be the best response here. But, here is what I do.

1. Every oil change at 3,000 miles I clean it, clean any oil out as well, and check my catch can.

2. Keep the canister and filter together

3. I spray it down with 409 (or you can use dish soap).

4. Let is sit for 20 mins or so

5. Give it a VERY good rinse with warm water inside and out until I feel there is no more cleaner left.

6. Set it up on its end over a couple pieces of wood so it can drain and dry faster. I just let it sit over night.

7. Reinstall
Thanks, so you don't open up the canister and does it need oiling as per K&N filter?

·
Registered
676 Posts
Thanks, so you don't open up the canister and does it need oiling as per K&N filter?
Yeah don’t bother opening it, not worth it and those tiny o-rings are best left alone. In fact I siliconed my at both ends. Plus screws that go into plastic should be used as little as possible, the plastic just wears out. I added a small dot of silicon in those holes as well.

No oil! That is a great plus on their filter for ease of cleaning, longevity, more consistent performance, and eliminating airborne oil in your intake. (I researched to death several years ago)

I just clean it with oil changes, makes the oil change a little easier as well.

Reactions: Greg

·
Registered
76 Posts
Yeah don’t bother opening it, not worth it and those tiny o-rings are best left alone. In fact I siliconed my at both ends. Plus screws that go into plastic should be used as little as possible, the plastic just wears out. I added a small dot of silicon in those holes as well.

No oil! That is a great plus on their filter for ease of cleaning, longevity, more consistent performance, and eliminating airborne oil in your intake. (I researched to death several years ago)

I just clean it with oil changes, makes the oil change a little easier as well.
Perfect, thanks very much

1 - 6 of 6 Posts