Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

61 - 72 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
They would definitely fit if you aren't lowering. The 235/45R17 PSS fit just fine and they are even bigger than that.
That is great to hear! Thanks!

Can you recalibrate the speedometer with a programmer?

·
Premium Member
2018 124 Spider Abarth Custom
1,329 Posts
I am sure it can be done but do not know the procedure. I just dealt with the 5% over speed.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Thanks!

My apologies for highjacking my own thread!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Well, I already ordered the EC V4, just waiting for it to arrived. Right now I looking into the GFB+ BOV and trying to compare it with the Forge Atmospheric, so far, I leaning more towards Forge. Once done, I will look into the exhaust and AC have one that I like but someone did a post saying that the material is very thin and hard to repair if the welding comes undone. Hopefully they have corrected that, otherwise I will keep on looking.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Let us know your experience with the EC V4!

I got the GWR complete RoadsterSport exhaust --with resonators: I am extremely happy with it. The exhaust sound, the fit and finish, everything is top notch.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have seen the GWR, now the thing that I like at the one that AutoRicambi have is the simplicity of it, don't have the big muffler, just the two small little looking glass packs. Is a cleaner look, but as I said, I read that comment about the material been too thin, welding coming undone and hard to fix because of that have made look for something else. But I have time to look around and read more reviews on the different systems.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Aldo - I'm very close to ordering one of the GWR exhaust systems - either the RoadsterSport or the System One. I prefer the RoadsterSport but the write-up on the System One details how it eliminates (or minimizes) the drone noise. Are you experiencing much drone with the RoadsterSport?

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
Aldo - I'm very close to ordering one of the GWR exhaust systems - either the RoadsterSport or the System One. I prefer the RoadsterSport but the write-up on the System One details how it eliminates (or minimizes) the drone noise. Are you experiencing much drone with the RoadsterSport?
I can’t say I have any drone. My hearing is very sensitive to it; I experienced it in my 2012 Challenger when I replaced the factory SRT exhaust.

I have the GWR exhaust with the resonators, though. I wonder if that reduces drone.

·
Registered
757 Posts
That is great to hear! Thanks!

Can you recalibrate the speedometer with a programmer?
You’ll need a dealer programmer, not just any OBD tool. My dealer was not willing to do it for me, however. Potential for odometer fraud I guess. Maybe there are other dealers out there that are more chill.

I have Federal RS-RR and personally I don’t recommend them. They have less grip than Michelin PSS and are super noisy. Their size spec is also a bit off, so the tires are slightly bigger than what their spec says (caused rubbing on my lowered car). They’re good as cheap throwaway tires for drifting or track practice etc. I would not use them for daily driving or any track activity more serious than practice.

As for the V4 intake, I’ve done 10hz GPS-tracked acceleration testing with mine and did not see much improvement, maybe like 0.05s difference for a 50-120kph acceleration run. The intake is not really a bottleneck on a stock turbo and the stock intake is not really under-designed. Until later stages of modding I’d say they’re more for looks and sound. I’ve had the same install issues as noticed by some but this can be overcome if you’re good with sharp tools. Some were luckier than others in terms of fitment and completed installation only with what came out of the box, no sure where the variance is coming from. I had to do a bit of cutting for mine.

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
EC doesn’t list an intake upgrade as a requirement until their Phase 2 tune. It’s probably correct to say that the stock air box is fine for a car without a tune or even with a mild tune, so money can be spent elsewhere. The V4 intake is I think really intended as part of an upgrade path to the EC 1446+ turbo.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #71 (Edited)
With regards to my wheel and tire conversation on here:

I ordered four 16x8 König Dekagrams in satin black from GWR. They weigh an incredible 14.7 lbs each! They should be arriving on Saturday provided everything goes well.

I have an appointment at Discount Tire this afternoon. Hope to place an order for four General GMAX AS tires in 225/50R16. They are rated second only to Michelin Pilot Sport 3+ AS on Tire Rack, but cost 40% less. I’ve had good experience with General tires in the past.

BTW, these Generals weigh 19 lbs each, which is the same as the 205/45R17 Bridgestone Potenzas on the Abarth but much meatier. So I should be shaving 7-8 lbs on each corner while gaining tire size and cross section :D

·
Registered
258 Posts
I had the codes also when I installed my V4 at first too, but after contacting Greg, he was able to send me a different venturi, and the new one hasn't popped any codes since.

61 - 72 of 72 Posts