Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was driving home on I-40 yesterday, and something flew by and flicked off my left ear! Stung a bit, but was more shocked than anything. Anyone else have this sort of experience?

·
Registered
76 Posts
I ride motorcycles and have been hit by bees, things and bugs numerous times. Except for June bugs bees seem to hurt the most. Hasn't happened in this spider yet but did have a couple years ago in my early 70's spiders.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Two stupid 20s on their phone have hit my rear bumper

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
In a previous convertible, I once drove through a swarm of bees. That wasn't fun.

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
My wife...especially when a pretty lady strikes up a conversation with me about my cute car.

Aloha mike

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Summer before last, I was driving on a highway during a fairly heavy rain and had a Kamikazi black squirrel dart across the highway in front of me. I tried to avoid him, but if was like playing air hockey... I felt it hit the engine cover, then a fairly large thunk as it's body did the rinse cycle in my rear passenger side wheel well. I saw it's carcass and part of my trim fly off as I viewed the results in the rear view mirror. Fortunately I think it's demise was fast, and even better, the parts for the repair only set me back about $25 bucks when I got back home and had a chance to visit the dealership. Not sure about other models, but the Abarth has a bunch of little black plastic trim pieces on the bottom edges of the wheel wells that are held on by a couple of plastic pins. Those pins just weren't up to the challenge when the piece took a hit from a squirrel carcass at 110 kph.

Oh yeah, and while cruising on the Interstate in Wyoming, I also had a swift hit the top of my windshield, right between the glass and upper trim. No damage to the car other than having to pick a bunch of feathers out of the trim surround. The swift, not so lucky.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I get grit and rubber in my eyes when I spin out autocrossing. Other than that, just the occasional insect whacking my left hand as I rest it between the A pillar and the rearview mirror.

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
Could be worse:

·
Registered
337 Posts
About a month ago, driving the 1.5 miles back from the gym, an adult deer, at least 200 lbs, jumps out of the bushes and lands right in front of my Spider, antlers and all.

It is raining; I am following the vehicle ahead by two or three car lengths when the beast decides to jump into the moving traffic; lands right in front and runs across the road, missing my car by less than 1/4 of an inch.

By the time I hit the brakes, he turns around from the other side of the road to look at me startled. I look back at him, startled.

Thankfully I was doing only 20 MPH. Otherwise I’d have hit him.

We both were incredibly lucky.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts