Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Great article, I couldn’t agree more. I have owned 3 different boxsters, all amazing . The spider gives me the same , if not more exciting drive. One thing knowone ever mentions about boxsters is pre 2012 engine failure and rear main oil seal leaks. Do a search and you will see. They are such great cars , I threw caution to the wind, but was always paranoid about the problems.

·
Premium Member
1,210 Posts
A reviewer that “gets” the Abarth 124!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Evo know their stuff, Henry Catchpole is probably the best auto journalist in the UK (turning into a future LJK Setright, and not just because of his excessive facial hair). Matt Prior at Autocar second?

Henry Catchpole is definitely one of my favourites for sure. Don’t think he’ll ever be quite as eccentric as the legendary LJK but you never know.

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
"It’s not an especially quick car by modern standards – 0-62mph in 6.8sec is the claim – but rarely has a car illustrated a contempt for mere numbers so clearly. Because its 168bhp is so accessible, it’s easy to use all of the Spider’s performance so much more of the time. When I took the Abarth home on a warm summer’s night I arrived at my destination in what felt like a cloud of brake dust, sweat and dead flies – and with a dazed smile on my face. The speeds hadn’t been antisocial, but I’d had more fun on that journey than I can remember in just about anything else."

Sums up the car perfectly.

·
Registered
204 Posts
"It’s not an especially quick car by modern standards – 0-62mph in 6.8sec is the claim – but rarely has a car illustrated a contempt for mere numbers so clearly. Because its 168bhp is so accessible, it’s easy to use all of the Spider’s performance so much more of the time. When I took the Abarth home on a warm summer’s night I arrived at my destination in what felt like a cloud of brake dust, sweat and dead flies – and with a dazed smile on my face. The speeds hadn’t been antisocial, but I’d had more fun on that journey than I can remember in just about anything else."

Agreed! I wasn't even going to give this car a drive, "just no where near enough power" I said, but it looked so good and my son talked me into it. 10 minutes later I was in love:D

·
Registered
534 Posts

He really hit the nail on the head! I've felt the same way many times since getting my Abarth. :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts