Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see here and in Youtube audio of the Eom exhaust or replacements and shifting gears I hear a PoPing in the exhaust.

May I know why mine does not POP, is this normal or what.

Also I have noticed when down shifting, I hear a spontaniaous engine revving before down shifting. I have tried pressing on the gas (a quick pressing down) and engine does not quickly rev.

So is this fake news or what>:)

·
Registered
382 Posts
This is my first time owning a sports car so I am by no means an expert, but for me I can get a pop from the exhaust when I am hard on the gas and completely let off it. So this could be when shifting up during a hard acceleration or just cruising under an overpass where I get on it hard and then let up and hear the pop. :D

I have the GWR full system and never heard the sounds with the stock exhaust, but I replaced the exhaust early in my ownership so I didn't really know what I was doing driving a manual at that time and never tried to make them, haha.

As far as down-shifting goes, were you trying to rev before you put the clutch in? My car revs pretty darn quick when the clutch is disengaged and I try to rev-match for a down-shift.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts