So far online i found:
-Monza Record
-Ragazzon
-Goodwin
-Autoricambi
-Magnaflow

Anyone else found more?

First step i'm looking to do just the muffler delete, end of exhaust
(probably Ragazzon, they have plenty experience with this engine).
In case later they also offer a midpipe.

To mount just the final part of the exhaust, how are you guys jacking up the rear end?

·
Registered
529 Posts
Trying to decide which one to go with..

So far online i found:
-Monza Record
-Ragazzon
-Goodwin
-Autoricambi
-Magnaflow

Anyone else found more?
Yes ....Remus

oh - a mid pipe is already available .......amongst other things
http://www.fiat-sportiva.de/Tuning-Styling/124-Spider/Exhaust-Systems:::39_555_556.html

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Anyone heard live a Goodwin VS Autoricambi exhaust!?
(No resonators versions)

From the videos online it seems the Goodwin has a very metallic sound, high frequency, the Autoricambi instead seems a bit more low toned, deeper, lower frequency. Both loud.

Can anyone confirm that? Kind of hard to understand from youtube..

I do prefer deeper/lower tones, thoughts?

·
Registered
727 Posts
I do prefer deeper/lower tones, thoughts?
Same here, deep & low with a little crackle & pop. Don't like the higher pitch metallic sounds of the boy racer cars.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Same here, deep & low with a little crackle & pop. Don't like the higher pitch metallic sounds of the boy racer cars.
I can only comment on the Goodwin resonated exhaust with midpipe and crossover. I too was concerned about the tone from the video clips and am happy to report that in real life the tone is much deeper. I just dont think the camera phones and go pro's have the ability to pickup and reproduce the lower frequencies accurately. And today, coasting down a hill I heard just a little of the snap crackle and pop

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have the Goodwin exhaust on my Classica and love it. It's got a nice low pitch with plenty of burble when I lift off the throttle. I can hear the diverter valve working now too, which is cool. This exhaust was the best thing I could have done to this car. It totally changed the nature of the car for the better.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
How about the Good-Win "Roadstersport dual exhaust" muffler delete, has anyone installed this option?
http://www.good-win-racing.com/Mazda-Performance-Part/61-2015.html

From their product description:
"Unlike our QUAD, this dual tip is adjustable for sound using cone baffles that are included that can be removed for more sound, and takes our optional fiberglass packed Baffles that slide in and lower sound level more (packed baffles sold separate on this website)."

I like the idea of lowering the sound level using their fiberglass baffles. I don't want the tinny, farty, coffee can noise of a 19 year old kid driving a 19 year old Honda Civic sporting Folgers containers. I don't want an increase is sound level that is modestly more than stock, if that. But I would like a lower tone rumble, just a drops in hertz, not an increase in decibels. I would like some mature character coming from the exhaust that adds to the car's throw-back personality of yesteryear without making enemies of my neighbors. Better sound character- yes. Increase in sound level- needs to be close to stock.

Am I asking to much? Does this Good-Win option fit the bill?

Steve.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Is this just the rear exhaust? Or the whole system

·
Registered
230 Posts
How about the Good-Win "Roadstersport dual exhaust" muffler delete, has anyone installed this option?
http://www.good-win-racing.com/Mazda-Performance-Part/61-2015.html

From their product description:
"Unlike our QUAD, this dual tip is adjustable for sound using cone baffles that are included that can be removed for more sound, and takes our optional fiberglass packed Baffles that slide in and lower sound level more (packed baffles sold separate on this website)."

I like the idea of lowering the sound level using their fiberglass baffles. I don't want the tinny, farty, coffee can noise of a 19 year old kid driving a 19 year old Honda Civic sporting Folgers containers. I don't want an increase is sound level that is modestly more than stock, if that. But I would like a lower tone rumble, just a drops in hertz, not an increase in decibels. I would like some mature character coming from the exhaust that adds to the car's throw-back personality of yesteryear without making enemies of my neighbors. Better sound character- yes. Increase in sound level- needs to be close to stock.

Am I asking to much? Does this Good-Win option fit the bill?

Steve.
I'm pretty much with you, Steve. One of the Goodwin videos describes an "almost mini-Maserati" sound. That would be close to what I'd prefer. I want something that sounds classic and has a rich, deep sound, as far away as possible from the Honda boy-racers cheap, crappy, loud, and all-around annoying sound. I'm going to have to listen to a system in person, though, before I'd ever make-up my mine.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Is this just the rear exhaust? Or the whole system
Dennis, which do you ask about, the Good-Win that I just linked today? If so, the full product description says it is a muffler delete, so just parts at the rear end of the car.

I have no interest in a complete system replacement, nor its associated cost. This Good-Win delete would be at the max. of my spending.

Steve.

·
Registered
719 Posts
I installed the GWR resonated exhaust two weeks ago and I'll second, it totally transforms the sound of the car. Sounds exotic, straight and simple. Wouldn't have it any other way.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I installed the GWR resonated exhaust two weeks ago and I'll second, it totally transforms the sound of the car. Sounds exotic, straight and simple. Wouldn't have it any other way.
^^^This^^^
And I Third it!

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
But with the resonated system, more decibels, correct? Abarth, or Lusso/Classica?

Steve.

·
Registered
719 Posts
But with the resonated system, more decibels, correct? Abarth, or Lusso/Classica?

Steve.

The resonator helps tame things down a bit. A non-resonated system will be louder. Mine is an Abarth.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Yep, yep, you're right. I was thinking about someone's advertising where the exhaust outlet tips were shaped to resonate and make more noise. I was mixing the two concepts.

So, your car ends up being close to how the Lusso/Classica would be with the Good-Win muffler delete that I linked above.

But, subjectively speaking, does it seem louder than stock, or about the same as your stock Abarth but just better sounding? (Which in stock form does have a bit more bark than the stock Lusso/Classica, as I recall from test driving both models.)

Thanks,
Steve.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Yep, yep, you're right. I was thinking about someone's advertising where the exhaust outlet tips were shaped to resonate and make more noise. I was mixing the two concepts.

So, your car ends up being close to how the Lusso/Classica would be with the Good-Win muffler delete that I linked above.

But, subjectively speaking, does it seem louder than stock, or about the same as your stock Abarth but just better sounding? (Which in stock form does have a bit more bark than the stock Lusso/Classica, as I recall from test driving both models.)

Thanks,
Steve.
The stock Abarth does not have a resonator and yet when I ordered the GWR full system I bought the resonated system. I was fortunate enough to have been in San Diego for a few days and got to go for a ride in Brian Goodwin's Fiat with the resonated system. It was clear at that point that the nonresonated midpipe would have been too loud for my tastes as a daily driver.

The sound is very different than the stock Abarth system, much deeper and is significantly louder when you put your foot into it. Otherwise, once the car has warmed up and you are driving around like an old lady (no offense to old ladies), it becomes quite sedate and only slightly louder than the stock Abarth system. (Note: all these comments relate to the stock North American Abarth version)

·
Registered
89 Posts
Trying to decide which one to go with..

So far online i found:
-Monza Record
-Ragazzon
-Goodwin
-Autoricambi
-Magnaflow

Anyone else found more?

To mount just the final part of the exhaust, how are you guys jacking up the rear end?
This isn't rocket surgery. Go to a muffler shop. Ask them for an estimate on building you a muffler delete. Then tell them you want to hear the car without the muffler. It is literally TWO BOLTS!! Simply have them unbolt it. Start the car and rev it up. I have the Classica so it has the resonator. The Abarth doesn't have the resonator so it will be louder.

I paid about $250 including chrome tips. You will learn nothing from video clips because of bad cellphone microphones and the ability to turn the volume up or down.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts