Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My VSO (Very Significant Other) who is 83 has some health stability issues. Generally, she can get by with a cane. But at times she does need her walker. However, sometimes she does need the Light Weight Transport Chair, which is considerably larger in size. Will this latter device, (shown in the first picture) fit in the trunk of the 124 Spider Abarth? Perhaps with some modifications as shown in the following pictures. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
Amazing....and VERY cool license plate, too!!

·
Super Moderator
1,210 Posts
Clever solution to a problem. Well done.

·
Registered
71 Posts
My VSO (Very Significant Other) who is 83 has some health stability issues. Generally, she can get by with a cane. But at times she does need her walker. However, sometimes she does need the Light Weight Transport Chair, which is considerably larger in size. Will this latter device, (shown in the first picture) fit in the trunk of the 124 Spider Abarth? Perhaps with some modifications as shown in the following pictures. :)
You! my friend are in MY mind, hero of the week with this post. With a little thought NOTHING can stop you from enjoying life!

Kudos!

J

P.S. couldn't help but notice the '77 scorpion under prior rides :) '77 at one time myself and still have a '76 that replaced it buried somewhere in the garage :)

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thread moved to the DIY section!
Hi Dick, Yes, I saw your post moments before it was moved. Looking good! Clever idea. I found it very odd (and inappropriate) for your post to be rushed off to the DIY section. I never even knew such a place existed, and had to go looking for it. There is a multitude of DYI posts which are left alone....everything from DIY steering wheel Abarth badges to oil changes. The moderator should leave such posts up at least two weeks in general discussion before filing them away elsewhere. Personally, I'd complain to the moderator. You are invited to copy & paste this text of mine in your complaint, should you choose to do so. Jim

I join Jim above in objecting the movement of this thread so soon after it was originally posted. I also believe that it should remain in the general discussion area before quickly moving to a tread that is difficult to find. :(

Dick

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You! my friend are in MY mind, hero of the week with this post. With a little thought NOTHING can stop you from enjoying life!

Kudos!

J

P.S. couldn't help but notice the '77 scorpion under prior rides :) '77 at one time myself and still have a '76 that replaced it buried somewhere in the garage :)
Thanks for the compliments. Wait until you see the posts for a project I am working on to overcome some passenger seat safety issues for my VSO (Very Significant Other) Elsie, who is only 5'3" and 103lbs. I didn't want her to feel that she was in some pit while riding in my new 124 Spider, so I placed some cushions on the seat to raise her position and view of the outside world. Unfortunately, this disarms the air bag sensors. Work in progress.

·
Administrator
1,928 Posts
Hi Dick, Yes, I saw your post moments before it was moved. Looking good! Clever idea. I found it very odd (and inappropriate) for your post to be rushed off to the DIY section. I never even knew such a place existed, and had to go looking for it. There is a multitude of DYI posts which are left alone....everything from DIY steering wheel Abarth badges to oil changes. The moderator should leave such posts up at least two weeks in general discussion before filing them away elsewhere. Personally, I'd complain to the moderator. You are invited to copy & paste this text of mine in your complaint, should you choose to do so. Jim

I join Jim above in objecting the movement of this thread so soon after it was originally posted. I also believe that it should remain in the general discussion area before quickly moving to a tread that is difficult to find. :(

Dick
I am a moderator. To be specific, a super moderator. There are two others on this forum. You are free to contact any one of us by sending a private message. In fact, you can even hit the "report" button, which creates a new thread in the moderator section where everyone else will see it. However, Pikeman is one of the other moderators who made the suggestion to save this as a tutorial, so that's why it's here.

It was not "filed away," it was moved to the appropriate location. The only difference is the location of the thread; you can still respond to it just as you would have in the other section. This is nothing more than a thread move. I had specified to leave a redirect in the original section for 30 days. If that didn't happen, perhaps something isn't working correctly with the forum itself. I'm really not seeing where the issue is. You know where the thread was moved to, so what exactly is the problem? You are showing people how to expand their trunk space. If you want this thread to be buried under other arguably less valuable "general discussion" threads, instead of being showcased in the DIY section for others to see, I can move it back for you, but if I do, that's where it will stay permanently.

I would recommend utilizing the "active topics" and "what's new" buttons at the top of the forum to review recently posted threads and posts.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Where is the DIY section?

·
Administrator
1,928 Posts
Where is the DIY section?
In the "2017+ Fiat 124 Spider Tech And Performance" Section, the subforum is titled "124 Spider How To And DIY"

1 - 11 of 11 Posts