Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

Did you purchase an extended warranty for your Spider?

• Yes

• No

• Never Considered it

Results are only viewable after voting.
41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Chip, I have GEICO insurance. I've heard other people say they are expensive and I've had family with negative feelings about them, but for my experiences they have been above excellent. Between that and the fact that the local body shop they use in my area are probably magicians. I've had 1 hit-and-run and 1 severe Texas hail damage claim through GEICO and they were ridiculously easy to deal with and took about 4-5 days from claim to complete return (magic I tell you). I had one other hit in the parking lot almost identical to the hit and run where I went with the other company's preferred repair shop and it was a 2 month nightmare. Everyone's mileage may vary.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
I purchased the Mopar Maximum Care Extended Service Plan from Zeigler Chrysler in Michigan. I have 7 years/100,000 miles coverage from the date of purchase so it's time limited expiration is 4/2026. It gives me an additional 4 years beyond the factory warranty. Has a $100.00 deductible. I paid $1960.00 for it and had 12 months to pay at 0% interest. Hard to pass up. My selling dealer wanted nearly $3k for the same plan. I don't usually buy extended service plans but at the price of this one with 0% interest it was hard to say no. The cost of one serious repair will more than pay for the coverage. Since I'm heading into my retirement years I figured it was cheap insurance. I am very satisfied with my choice.
Zeigler contacted me after I requested a quote from what I thought was a Mopar site. How long after purchasing your Spider did you buy the plan? And don't Fiats come with a 4-year/50,000 mile warranty?

·
Premium Member
842 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Zeigler contacted me after I requested a quote from what I thought was a Mopar site. How long after purchasing your Spider did you buy the plan? And don't Fiats come with a 4-year/50,000 mile warranty?
Yes. With the service plan I get an extra 3 years and an extra 50,000 miles which for me made it a worth while expense. I understand that other have different opinions but as I said for me I thought it worth the money. (y) I bought my extended service plan about one month after I bought the car and Ziegler was excellent to deal with.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts