Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
My tire kit is strapped into the back of the trunk. Did yours not have a place to secure it? I'd prefer to use the "glove box" for the manual and my .380 for quick accessibility.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
My tire kit is strapped into the back of the trunk. Did yours not have a place to secure it? I'd prefer to use the "glove box" for the manual and my .380 for quick accessibility.
Lol, you are the man!!! But A 380? I am trying to figure out where to stow my little Springfield XDS 45 ACP. :laugh:

Reactions: Robtec

·
Registered
534 Posts
I'd prefer to use the "glove box" for the manual and my .380 for quick accessibility.
There's nothing "quick" about trying to access anything in the glove box! >:)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Lol, you are the man!!! But A 380? I am trying to figure out where to stow my little Springfield XDS 45 ACP. :laugh:
Please tell me you were joking – if you weren't, can you explain to foreigners why you feel the need to keep a gun in your car.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I always carry one in my car. This place has too many nut cases running around robbing, shooting, and stealing cars. I also carry one in my pocket on occasion. Yes, I have a permit.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I downloaded the My Fiat app. Rather than keep the owner's manual in the glove or elbow box, I keep it in my office. The app seems to include the entire manual and it's very easy to navigate.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I always carry one in my car. This place has too many nut cases running around robbing, shooting, and stealing cars. I also carry one in my pocket on occasion. Yes, I have a permit.
Wow. It must be terrible to live in a place where you feel compelled to carry a weapon that has the power to snuff out the life of another human being. I will pray that you never have to use your weapon, regardless of how threatened you must feel. Keep safe.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Wow. It must be terrible to live in a place where you feel compelled to carry a weapon that has the power to snuff out the life of another human being. I will pray that you never have to use your weapon, regardless of how threatened you must feel. Keep safe.
Just like airbags, seatbelts and crush zones on a car; got it when you need it, but hope and plan for it to be never needed.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Please tell me you were joking – if you weren't, can you explain to foreigners why you feel the need to keep a gun in your car.
Because we can!! :)

Here, in the US, the 2nd Amendment to our Constitution provides for the right to be armed. Our foundering fathers put in our constitution to help deter the evil British kings, and others, from taking power here, those that would tax us and not allow for our representation in governance of our land. ;)

EDIT: There's gotta be a way to utilize the forward cup holder slot, the one by the passengers knee, as a place to mount a holster..... hmmmm any thoughts guys???

Paul

·
Registered
1,964 Posts

Here, in the US, the 2nd Amendment to our Constitution provides for the right to be armed. Our foundering fathers put in our constitution to help deter the evil British kings, and others, from taking power here, those that would tax us and not allow for our representation in governance of our land. ;)

EDIT: There's gotta be a way to utilize the forward cup holder slot, the one by the passengers knee, as a place to mount a holster..... hmmmm any thoughts guys???

Hear hear!! I think that is a Brit expression?:):)

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
As a Brit (now dual citizen Yank / Brit) living in the US, the gun thing is hard to explain:

Gun ownership is part of the very fabric of America and many Americans can't understand how Brits let their government take away the right to own guns - gun ownership in Britain was always tightly restricted, but after mass shootings in Dunblane and Hungerford, it was made virtually impossible other than for those involved in land management. What many Americans don't understand though is that virtually no-one in Britain owned or wanted to own a gun - removing the right to do something you had no interest in in the first place wasn't a big deal.

On the other hand, because there is so little interest in guns in Britain its hard for Brits to understand just how ingrained gun ownership is in America - gun ownership is a defining feature of what it is to be American for many people here. Simply saying America has a gun problem so let's ban guns would be like telling Brits they as a nation have a drinking problem (which they do), so let's ban alcohol.

Did I go too far off the reservation there?

·
Registered
125 Posts
No permit needed here to carry in the vehicle'' I am comforted knowing a lot of people are carriers here.

The handgun can be loaded or unloaded as long as it is secured in the glove compartment or console.

No permit is required to purchase rifles, shotguns, or handguns. ... Open carry of a handgun is not allowed (long guns are allowed), but no permit is required to carry a loaded handgun in the console or glove compartment of a car.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
As a Brit (now dual citizen Yank / Brit) living in the US, the gun thing is hard to explain:

Gun ownership is part of the very fabric of America and many Americans can't understand how Brits let their government take away the right to own guns - gun ownership in Britain was always tightly restricted, but after mass shootings in Dunblane and Hungerford, it was made virtually impossible other than for those involved in land management. What many Americans don't understand though is that virtually no-one in Britain owned or wanted to own a gun - removing the right to do something you had no interest in in the first place wasn't a big deal.

On the other hand, because there is so little interest in guns in Britain its hard for Brits to understand just how ingrained gun ownership is in America - gun ownership is a defining feature of what it is to be American for many people here. Simply saying America has a gun problem so let's ban guns would be like telling Brits they as a nation have a drinking problem (which they do), so let's ban alcohol.

Or ban fish and chips? Lol no. it was perfect:laugh:

·
Registered
35 Posts

Thanks for the history lesson. I am sure your foundering fathers would be foundered if they read it. I do understand that many of you are besotted with gun ownership. My original request was for an explanation as to why you feel the need to keep a gun in your car. I can't see it as being any help in dissuading an evil British king from invading you. In fact I can't see any need for it at all.

·
Registered
534 Posts
In fact I can't see any need for it at all.
Many of us on this side of the pond don't either. Contrary to popular belief, not all Americans feel the need to be armed.

·
Registered
79 Posts

Its not part of the fabric of America. Just certain parts of America. I don't 100% agree with the Alcohol thing. Guns are made for one purpose...to kill things. Alcohol certainly kills people (half my family in fact) but that's not the sole intent.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Lol, you are the man!!! But A 380? I am trying to figure out where to stow my little Springfield XDS 45 ACP.
I have gotten into discussions on FB with Brits and Ausies on why we Americans feel the need to carry guns
The discussion always leads to hurt feelings and arguments,sometimes to the point of name calling.
For the love of the car can we remember that Religion,Politics and views on sensitive topics have their place (an ugly place,I might add) and this really friendly and helpful forum would be a better place all if we talk about the 124
I’m not trying to be an ass or over step (since I’m new here) but I have first hand experience seeing these topics get out of hand
I have been an active supporter of forums for over 8 years because they are a much better place to fraternize than Fight Book or
Twit-All
Thanks to the Original poster
I just relocated my Book to the back seat cubby
A great idea!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts