Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gave up the motorcycles last year and thought my days of adding "farkles" to a vehicle were over. Not to be.... Bought a base Classica with the technology package and have started adding already.

So far I have added/or am about to add:

Spider 124 Grille emblem (done) - subtle and looks great
Trunk liner (done)
LED motion sensitive shelf lights for the cubby & trunk (on order)
Dual 12 volt extension (done)
GPS (done)
Double walled Chrome exhaust tips They will be welded on the pipes at a local shop (tomorrow)
Splash Guards (mud flaps) (waiting for a plastic rivet gun to arrive)
Rim protectors (will mount on the rims to protect against curb rash when I do my mud flaps)
1.4 T chrome emblem on the spoiler (waiting for a bit of warm weather to properly adhere)
Indoor car cover (done)
15% Tinted Glass (done) - Really helps block the sun on those hot days
Parking Sensors (on order) I have them on my other vehicle with the back up camera and find them invaluable when backing up into tight spaces and sensing if there is anything on the ground behind you.

In the future I might look at Fiat sill covers when they become available and I have looked at the Revo Rack, but it is a bit pricey for my tastes. I am also going to install Flashing Brake lights for the blank red lenses on each side of the back up light (about to order)

I am also looking at some way of expanding the trunk space by replacing/modifying the side liners. My golf clubs fit when I remove the passenger liner, but I would like to be able to cover the wiring in a permanent fashion.

If I remain married after all of this I might opt for fancy seat covers. But that is a battle for another day.

·
Premium Member
1,210 Posts
Pics or it didn't happen! :D

Reactions: Unknownsir

·
Registered
158 Posts
I am also looking at some way of expanding the trunk space by replacing/modifying the side liners. My golf clubs fit when I remove the passenger liner, but I would like to be able to cover the wiring in a permanent fashion.
How much room did you gain by removing the liner? The fact that my Golf Clubs did not fit was a huge bummer and the only thing I don't like about the car.
Please keep us updated on any solutions you find for modifying the liners because that is a mod that I would be VERY interested in.

BTW all the mods sound awesome! You really need to post some pice when you get the chance. We want to see it!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How much room did you gain by removing the liner? The fact that my Golf Clubs did not fit was a huge bummer and the only thing I don't like about the car.
Please keep us updated on any solutions you find for modifying the liners because that is a mod that I would be VERY interested in.

BTW all the mods sound awesome! You really need to post some pice when you get the chance. We want to see it!
I promise to post pictures when I get the items mounted.

Like you I was initially disappointed when I tried to fit my golf clubs in the trunk. I immediately started looking at racks for the trunk lid and gave up after discovering it would cost $500.00 (CDN.) to purchase the removable Revo Rack.

Ameridan's Blog Item "ADDED TRUNK SPACE / VISOR LABEL REMOVAL" see attached link:

https://21stcenturyfiat124spider.wordpress.com/2016/08/02/added-trunk-space/

complete with pictures, says you can gain up to an extra 28" by removing both side liners. I only removed the passenger side liner (it simply pops out) and was easily able to fit my monster driver in the trunk.

Ameridan's blog is a must read for anyone tinkering with non mechanical aspects of their Spider. What an unbelievable resource for this forum.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A few pictures

Had my windows tinted to 15% two weeks ago and mounted the Spider Grille Emblem last week. The trunk liner came in on Tuesday and I had the stainless steel exhaust tips welded on this morning. Here are some quick pictures.

Still a bit of work to do with the other minor modifications planned, but the weather has turned rather chilly to be wrenching in the garage. The mud flaps, 1.4T chrome decal for the trunk lid and the rim savers will have to wait. Not to mention the lower brake light mod and cubby shelf....

Attachments

·
Registered
956 Posts
Had my windows tinted to 15% two weeks ago and mounted the Spider Grille Emblem last week. The trunk liner came in on Tuesday and I had the stainless steel exhaust tips welded on this morning. Here are some quick pictures.

Still a bit of work to do with the other minor modifications planned, but the weather has turned rather chilly to be wrenching in the garage. The mud flaps, 1.4T chrome decal for the trunk lid and the rim savers will have to wait. Not to mention the lower brake light mod and cubby shelf....
I'm not complaining, but the picture of the badge on the front does not do it justice. The flash lit up the background too much, so it does not stand out. I put the same badge on the front of my Lusso, and it looks great. I know yours looks better than the picture shows.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm not complaining, but the picture of the badge on the front does not do it justice. The flash lit up the background too much, so it does not stand out. I put the same badge on the front of my Lusso, and it looks great. I know yours looks better than the picture shows.
I agree that the badge does look better in natural light. Unfortunately the garage is not the best place to take pictures. :(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts