Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So yesterday I had a 15 minute test drive of an Abarth 124 Spider. The only non-standard item it had were full leather seats.
I’ve never driven this type of car before, I am used to SUVs / 4WDs so that took a lot of getting used to.
- The car was incredibly comfortable - much more so than I expected. I’m not sure if this was just the leather seats so I’m going to have a drive of one with the stock seats to see the difference.
- I loved the heated seats. Although I have had them in other cars, the way these seats wrap round and cocoon you in warmth while driving top down on a cold day was like being in an electric blanket.
- I felt very vulnerable with my head at pedestrian thigh level. I am just not used to this.
- I was very pleased with the handling of the car, although I think I might earn quite a few speeding tickets as most of the time during the test drive I had no idea what speed I was doing.
- The electrics and controls were all at the standard you expect these days from a new car.
The test drive has left me wanting to do more research and more test drives. I wasn’t left thinking “I’ve got to buy one right now” which is good because I need to wait a few months to save a bit more money. But overall I liked the car a lot.

·
Registered
442 Posts
You mentioned the only non standard items were the leather seats. Were they Recaros?

·
Registered
296 Posts
Ive got a ram truck and a fiat 124.. I can tell you the height differences are a mind bender!!!
One time I drove back to back . Ram first for about 30 min, then fiat 124. I was dizzy!

·
Registered
82 Posts
I'm sort of used the low driving position as I drive an Alfa 75 and you pretty much sit on the floor of the car in those. And of course in Yurrup there aren't so many huge pickup trucks about!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts