Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Abarth 124 Spider
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I could have sworn I joined this forum before... But either way, just stopping in to say hello. :)

My Charlotte is out of warranty in 5k miles and I wanted to start doing some mods so I was coming back here to do some research. I want to do some basic stuff first, like the Record Monza exhaust and factory Brembo brakes. Why I didn't buy it with the Brembos, I have no idea. Guess I got a little excited and jumped the gun... hehehe

I just put on my first set of new tires this last weekend after wearing out the stockers. I went with the Potenza RE-71R this time around, looking forward to breaking them in on a twisty mountain run later this week when I hook up with a friend and his Mk1 Miata. 😁

·
Premium Member
2018 124 Spider Abarth Custom
1,647 Posts
Welcome (again) and enjoy the upgrades. It's a rabbit hole....

·
Registered
83 Posts
Yes, welcome back!! So guessing cause of mileage you will be out of warranty?? How many miles and have you had any issues?

·
Registered
2018 Abarth 124 Spider
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, welcome back!! So guessing cause of mileage you will be out of warranty?? How many miles and have you had any issues?
45,208 miles as of today. She's my daily driver, as my "toys" are a 71 Super Beetle and a 95 GTI VR6. I drive 100-120 miles a day on average, and it's mostly all freeway.

A couple of small issues, but nothing major.

Most alarmingly, coolant seems to disappear as I've had to top up the empty reservoir twice. The first time, I didn't notice until I heard the after-run pump pushing air, a sound I'm familiar with thanks to the GTI... :rolleyes: The second time, I noticed it was very low again during an oil change and filled it back up. No visible coolant leaks, no hot coolant smells, and no signs of a blown head gasket, so no idea where it's going...

Other than that, it's been completely trouble-free. The reverse bulb did pop out of the socket once and was rattling around its housing, and the shift knob leather and metal plating is wearing pretty fast in my opinion, but no other complaints. No warning lights, and everything is still working as new.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Welcome to the forum, hope you learn more everyday about the car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts