Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
837 Posts
With the contrast between the Hypnotique Red and the grills and the side sills and the wheels and the top and the lower rear valance, it felt to me like the area between the tail lights was begging to be satin black as well...

(Yes, I know the plate is slightly askew.)
An absolute Winner ! Love it,and by the way...did you know your number plate is slightly askew ? Cheers
ron

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Looks good. However - new rule: Car dealers should be banned from sticking their crappy stickers on new cars unless they get specific permission and factor in a state-mandated advertising discount in to the purchase price.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts

·
Premium Member
837 Posts
Here you go, high angle and low angle...

Still a WINNER...wait till Aldo sees it....back in the shop for a rub down and respray I reckon, and his "Abarth" already looks "The Dogs Dooberries". "The Italian Design houses" will be kicking themselves for missing that trick and I predict.....There will now be a rush of members considering / doing this Very Clever and effective Mod. Again WELL DONE THAT MAN ! Cheers
ron
(that plate still looks askew though....)?

·
Premium Member
837 Posts
Still a WINNER...wait till Aldo sees it....back in the shop for a rub down and respray I reckon, and his "Abarth" already looks "The Dogs Dooberries". "The Italian Design houses" will be kicking themselves for missing that trick and I predict.....There will now be a rush of members considering / doing this Very Clever and effective Mod. Again WELL DONE THAT MAN ! Cheers
ron
So impressed...that I have just been on ebay and ordered up my SATIN BLACK paint ! I have the wet and dry and masking tape in anyway so looking at my NAKED rear end on my RED Spider YES ! It just has to be done Mate...
Thank You for the idea Apex, Cheers
ron

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ron
Nono, I got out the spirit level, accounted for the windage, and the bernouli effect. It's staight... ish.

·
Premium Member
837 Posts
Just checked out "Aldo's" Abarth in his 16 x 8 alloys thread...he has a black spoiler so maybe the satin black would be too much.......Anyway....I went into my paints cupboard and found GREY undercoat spray so now I have masked off, rubbed down and undercoated my Abarthised, Lussoised, B*st*rdised, "Apexised" (almost) Classica 124 Spider as seen below......
IMG_0004.JPG IMG_0006.JPG
Will postthe Fully "Apexised" 124 Spider once painted...already looking out for the postie....Cheers
ron

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
With the contrast between the Hypnotique Red and the grills and the side sills and the wheels and the top and the lower rear valance, it felt to me like the area between the tail lights was begging to be satin black as well...

(Yes, I know the plate is slightly askew.)
Can you describe how you did it, or did I miss that?

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Looks good. However - new rule: Car dealers should be banned from sticking their crappy stickers on new cars unless they get specific permission and factor in a state-mandated advertising discount in to the purchase price.
Before I flew out to pick up my car I told the dealer they better not put any stickers on the car. What do they do? They put it in the door jamb.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts