Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts
Just checked out "Aldo's" Abarth in his 16 x 8 alloys thread...he has a black spoiler so maybe the satin black would be too much.......Anyway....I went into my paints cupboard and found GREY undercoat spray so now I have masked off, rubbed down and undercoated my Abarthised, Lussoised, B*st*rdised, "Apexised" (almost) Classica 124 Spider as seen below......
View attachment 75266 View attachment 75267
Will postthe Fully "Apexised" 124 Spider once painted...already looking out for the postie....Cheers
ron
Wait - not a plasti dip or wrap?
That is pretty hardcore))

Discussion starter · #24 ·
Just checked out "Aldo's" Abarth in his 16 x 8 alloys thread...he has a black spoiler so maybe the satin black would be too much.......Anyway....I went into my paints cupboard and found GREY undercoat spray so now I have masked off, rubbed down and undercoated my Abarthised, Lussoised, B*st*rdised, "Apexised" (almost) Classica 124 Spider as seen below......
View attachment 75266 View attachment 75267
Will postthe Fully "Apexised" 124 Spider once painted...already looking out for the postie....Cheers
ron
Definitely not going halfway man! (y)

Reactions: anty
That's the way to go. Easily removed. @Brexit ! I think you are going too extreme. But it's your car.
Still No Fear....I think....Oh Sh*T !.......No, only kidding, have done this sort of thing many times over many years including lower plastic fairing on my Red VFR 800 lower fairing without issue, so confident that in the right conditions with a following wind and a steady hand I will produce something Permanent that will emulate my new Hero...."Apex" and wherever I drive they will say..."There goes the Guy with the "Apexised" Spider, or, they will say...What the F*** !
I will post the results if the weather allows later in the week and if it goes wrong then....of course I will blame that B*st*rd "Oversteer"! :unsure:

My little mode View attachment 75273
I would have to redo it later. Not really happy with the quality ((( I didn't sand it before painting..
Ah ! Best bet is to just get on and redo it as it will annoy you no end, though from here it looks cool enough. Cheers
ron

"APEXISED"...............!

Attachments

Very tasteful! And AFAIK, nobody else has done that on out forum.
If you want a plate frame, consider getting a custom that has some witty, or insulting phrase. It’s way cheaper than a custom plate and uncensored.
best regards
Pete

Discussion starter · #36 ·
Final completion... plate valance wrapped, 124spider badge moved from trunk lid to plate valance and joined by aftermarket Abarth scorpion badge... permanent reg plate, and US129 "The Dragon" plate surround installed.

Those are installed at the factory and I believe they are required by law. There are also required emission stickers in the engine compartment.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.