Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

You may find that an odd title, but Fiat will be importing a more powerful version to the US then they are for Europe.

In USDM and EDM spec the 124 will receive Fiat's tried and true 1.4L MultiAir Turbo, of Abarth fame; however in the US we will get 20 more horsepower and 7 more lb-ft of twist.

Also of note, Europe will not get the optional automatic transmission. For USDM shoppers, the Classica trim will allow you to option the autobox and the step-up Lusso derivative adds the automatic standard, leaving you the option of a manual.

Otherwise the Classica and Lusso trims should be identical on both sides of the puddle.

Classica offers 16-inch wheels, halogen headlights, dual exhaust outlets, power mirrors, power windows, power locks, push-button ignition, cruise control, air conditioning, cloth seats, and a six-speaker sound system. With the ability to add the Technology package, which adds on a backup camera, 7-inch touchscreen and proximity key.

The Lusso bakes the Tech pack in, plus automatic headlights, a silver-colored roll bar, rain-sensing windshield wipers, automatic climate control, heated leather seats, and 17-inch wheels.

FCA will also be offering a Comfort and Safety Collection, which adds auto-dimming and heated mirrors, blind-spot monitoring, cross-traffic alterts, parking sensors and a garage door opener.

The Premium package adds LED headlamps, DRL's and Bose Audio to the Comfort and Safety Collection.

Pricing remains unannounced, but Fiat is now featuring the 124 on their website!

·
Registered
349 Posts
Give it about 5-7+ years and we should see someone try to stick a hellcat engine in one, then it will be a true american muscle car :D

Hellcat 124... sounds good to me.

·
Premium Member
1,356 Posts
well i wonder why that is?
Sorry, I know this is an old thread, but regarding the difference in HP between the European and North American versions, I'm wondering if a part of that is relative to their insurance and registration rates as they relate to engine size and performance. The other thing that I found curious, is that with the 500 Abarth, those were manufactured in Mexico (mine still had the cardboard spec paper from the plant left under the hood where it had been completely missed in pre-inspection... that gave me a lot of confidence. lol). So I wonder why they didn't manufacture the North American Spiders in a Mazda plant on this side of the pond, similar to what they did with the 500. Peculiar.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts