Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
727 Posts
I purchased it from my local studio last month. High quality and the side walls are much taller than what Weather Tech offers.

Attachments

·
Registered
958 Posts
It does not fit the same as the WeatherTech I have. I wonder if it will allow crap to get underneath it, the way the walls go above the top of the well.

·
Registered
727 Posts
LBJ

I know this is off topic for this tread, but where did you find the case for the flat tire kit?

Looks nice and neat !
The aluminum case was purchased for 75 cents at garage sale. It's from an old board game called "Deal or No Deal", which was also a TV show several years ago. You might be able to find one on eBay. You have to play with the hose of the tire repair kit just a bit, but it all fits inside.

·
Registered
51 Posts
The aluminum case was purchased for 75 cents at garage sale. It's from an old board game called "Deal or No Deal", which was also a TV show several years ago. You might be able to find one on eBay. You have to play with the hose of the tire repair kit just a bit, but it all fits inside.
Thanks for the info....I will give it a go and see what I can find!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I agree, the tall walls are great until you realize this cargo liner will just allow crap to accumulate underneath it.

I ordered the Weathertech cargo liner today.

·
Registered
727 Posts
For the naysayers, my above photo was taken just after the liner was taken out of the shipping box. The rubber had not yet relaxed around the edges, as it is now. Since I'm hauling wet art canvases and not dirt, I have no concern about getting something underneath it, lol. Should I ever purchase a leaking gallon of milk or my coffee thermos leaks, this liner will be my savior.

·
Premium Member
1,783 Posts
Yes, but the WeatherTech liner is an expensive piece of crap that only covers the floor of the rectangular recessed area of the trunk, completely ignoring the sides of that well, and the other 60% of the trunk floor. If I had to choose between the two, I would have purchased this instead. I've purchased other WeatherTech liners before, and they were excellent. There product for the 124 Spider is an insult to intelligence.

·
Premium Member
1,783 Posts
I agree, the tall walls are great until you realize this cargo liner will just allow crap to accumulate underneath it.

I ordered the Weathertech cargo liner today.
...and how happy are you with the $100+ WeatherTech liner that only covers the bottom of the rectangular recess in the bottom of your trunk. Piece of junk, right? I'd had great luck with WeatherTech before so I ordered it without a second thought. Big mistake. When I followed up with them to find out if they planned on ever producing a version that actually protected the entire trunk floor, they replied with a resounding no.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts