·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Which of the 7 colors do you like most?

Color Options
  • Nero Cinema (jet black)
  • Bianco Gelato (arctic white)
  • Bronzo Magnetico (titanium flash mica)
  • Bianco Perla (crystal white pearl mica)
  • Grigio Argento (aluminum metallic)
  • Rosso Passione (red)
  • Grigio Moda (meteor gray)
Nero Cinema (jet black)

Bianco Gelato (arctic white)

Bronzo Magnetico (titanium flash mica)

Bianco Perla (crystal white pearl mica)

Grigio Argento (aluminum metallic)

Rosso Passione (red)

Grigio Moda (meteor gray)

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
I like the Azzuro Italia the best, but that's only on 124 cars. Of these colors, I'd like to see them in person, but since I can't I'll choose the aluminum metallic.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I like the Azzuro Italia the best, but that's only on 124 cars. Of these colors, I'd like to see them in person, but since I can't I'll choose the aluminum metallic.
I'm so disappointed. There's only one actual color, everything else is a shade... Seriously fiat yo build a fun car like the 124 and offer it in black and grey... LIKE WTFFFFF

Where are the fun yellows and greens that used to be available... Just becasue FCA has no personality doesn't mean their buyers are the same!

·
Registered
2 Posts
All my Italian cars have been either black or racing red. However, I did have a polar white 67 Duetto for about 3 weeks before I sold it for a beautiful bright Red 69. Hated the Polar white. In the photos the pearl white has a subtle tan tint to it which looks rich with the tan interior.

The red they offer is way too dark. A Ferrari Corsa Red would have been better. The Bronze color I think is a carry over from the color Mazda offered on it's cars last year. Not a fan.

Some retro colors would have been nice.

I guess that leaves Black.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Some retro colors would have been nice.
Agree 100%. When I think of a small Italian roadster, I don't envision boring Teutonic colors that denote sophistication. I envision boldness on the verge of silly -- a palette that provides the owner with a way of saying "yes, I'm having more fun than you". Dart colors (orange, blue, yellow) would be welcome, honestly.

Since the new 124 is a retro tribute to the old 124, the theme should include at least a few of the retro colors. At the very least, the interior options should be widened to include red leather. If Abarth will have bold colors, a yellow 124 with black leather & yellow cross-stitching would be epic (think Alfa 4C).

The whites are too "safe", the metallic grays are too serious. Black hides the grilles and body lines... If I had to buy a Lusso, I'd get it in Rosso Passione. First step would be darker wheels and matched calipers. My second (very reluctant) choice would be Bianca Perla, as it's at least semi-close to the classic Italian color "Avorio"

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Fortunately there's always the option of wrapping your 124 spider in some color more to your liking, there's a wealth of color options out there.

·
Registered
25 Posts
just like the miata a serious lack of colors. this is just a shame for a sports car and fiat. the multitude of colors they offer for the 500 is excellent. just wish we could order the spider that way. it seems as though mazda has their hands tied.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Red is a little disappointing unless it brightens up in the sun. True Red remains my favorite color ever, but this looks more like velocity red or some generic Mazda dark red. I voted for Pearl White-it's awesome and looks better than Arctic on this car.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Red is a little disappointing unless it brightens up in the sun. True Red remains my favorite color ever, but this looks more like velocity red or some generic Mazda dark red. I voted for Pearl White-it's awesome and looks better than Arctic on this car.
Yes, another True Red believer! My 2009 NC is True Red and it puts Ferraris to shame when the sun shines. And now, you can't even buy a new ND in True Red, or any other Mazda.

Also, I wish that blue was a standard color we could buy on the Fiat 124 and not limited to a handful of cars. It's gorgeous!

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Starting to think about the Abarth model, do you guys think we can expect any colors unique to that trim when it comes out or could we end up with these same colors?

·
Registered
25 Posts
i noticed today that they fiat website now has the ceramic (mazda) color in place of the aluminum metallic though they have not changed the name. i hope this is not true. that was my fall back color if i can't get a special edition.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Bronze or Red. The Bronze would give it a sophisticated look depending on what it actually looks like on the spider in real life under certain lighting. When all else fails, red is my go to color.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Bronze or Red. The Bronze would give it a sophisticated look depending on what it actually looks like on the spider in real life under certain lighting. When all else fails, red is my go to color.
Adding to that, Bronze is not a color you typically see, so if you want to stand out and take advantage of something different overall.. that's going to be it. Red is just way too common.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts