Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

As many others in the forum, I was looking to purchase the Abarth fender badges (above the side indicator lights) to give my 124 a more euro-spec look. However the Mopar part is crazy expensive ($110 per badge? Not even a pair?!). I definitely am avoiding the cheap knockoff ones on ebay and amazon. However in digging through this forum I noticed that a lot of people have been using the genuine Fiat 500 Abarth fender badges on their 124. I feel this would be the perfect price for two badges. I just wanted to confirm with someone else who has ordered, the Mopar Part number.

Is this the correct MOPAR part I should be ordering? 68104861AA

Here is the link to the part: Nameplate-Body Side - Mopar (68104861AA) | Mopar Parts Canada

I also can't seem to find any Left or Right part, there only seems to be just one part for the 500, so I guess I would just order 2 of this part.

Thank you for the help!

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
they were around $60 apair from the UK a year or so ago. For that money I would spend it on something else on thw car

·
Premium Member
‘18 Abarth 124Spider
90 Posts
I got my from ebay, $120 US for the pair. Check this link here. Great quality 100% OEM. On the back indicates L/R. See correct part numbers below:

2017-2019 FIAT SPIDER
GENUINE MOPAR PART # 68348940AA & 68349018AA

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got my from ebay, $120 US for the pair. Check this link here. Great quality 100% OEM. On the back indicates L/R. See correct part numbers below:

2017-2019 FIAT SPIDER
GENUINE MOPAR PART # 68348940AA & 68349018AA
The thing is though, I'm in Canada, so it would cost $120USD plus $55USD shipping. Which is more than buying directly from Mopar.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
they were around $60 apair from the UK a year or so ago. For that money I would spend it on something else on thw car
I must've missed that deal, shame! However, I just want to confirm that the part number is correct so that I can order it (keep in mind this price I listed is in Canadian dollar, so I'm ok with paying around $50 per badge).

·
Registered
316 Posts
I must've missed that deal, shame! However, I just want to confirm that the part number is correct so that I can order it (keep in mind this price I listed is in Canadian dollar, so I'm ok with paying around $50 per badge).
Also be advised that the badges are slightly different between the 124 and the 500. And, as you discovered, there are specific part numbers for the left and right side, to fit the curvature in the fenders. The P/Ns I found online are: R/H (Passenger) side: 68349018AA and L/H (Driver) side: 68348940AA. So the p/ns you have are correct. They run anywhere from $50-$80 USD each on eBay. I ordered mine a few years ago from a place in the UK. But I don't know if they still have them. As long as they guarantee that what they are selling are the genuine Mopar parts, with the correct P/Ns, you should be OK. There is also a good video of how to accurately install the badges. Once you put them on, they are on for good as far as repositioning them is concerned.

·
Premium Member
1,678 Posts
So.... with part numbers in hand, I'd pay a visit to my local dealership's service department and see if they can order the parts in for you. True, not inexpensive.... then again, all the little trim bits on our cars are hugely overpriced.... and yet we still purchase them. My concern with using emblems for the 500 is, as others have noted, the difference in body metal curvature where they're affixed. I don't know how significant the difference is, or if they can be "bent" to fit the different body profile. I went OEM a couple of years ago, and if doing it again, I'd try to source OEM 124 Spider badging again. But, truly your call. If the 500 badging is less money, see if you dealer can bring those in for you, and do a dry test fit before accepting and paying for them. The risk is that if you don't use them, there's likely a restocking fee involved. Post pics when you're done, whichever way you go, and if you do go with the 500 badging, perhaps document your installation with photos and create a post that discusses how it went for you.... what you ran into, what worked, what didn't work, etc. etc.

·
Registered
568 Posts
I ordered the 500 version and had no problem installing them. Got them for cheap from ebay (UK or France) back in 2017.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I ordered the 500 version and had no problem installing them. Got them for cheap from ebay (UK or France) back in 2017. View attachment 78155
I got mine from partsworldUK.com. one pair of authentic metal Abarth fender badges easily affixed. Im in BC Canada and it only took about a week to arrive included with my order of the red facia and red mirror covers.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Definitely avoiding the cheap knockoffs on eBay and Amazon? You mean the kind that the rest of us have? And I should feel sorry for you why? You're a badge snob. I think there's a fine for that. 🤔😉 I got the cheap knock-offs I really don't see much of a difference for such a small little part. Maybe it makes people feel good to spend the extra money. But no normal human being absent some sort of Fiat driven Asperger syndrome is going to notice the difference and I don't give a shit about a non-performance part. I got a fake steering wheel Abarth badge too. I guess I'm a cheap-ass heretic. But then again I just got done spending quite a bit of money and a bunch of other non authentic Fiat parts like turbo shock Springs Etc nobody's too concerned about authenticity when it comes to the functional parts . But when it comes to the non-functional parts, God forbid that it's not absolute 100% Mopar all the way baby.

·
Premium Member
1,678 Posts
I got mine from partsworldUK.com. one pair of authentic metal Abarth fender badges easily affixed. Im in BC Canada and it only took about a week to arrive included with my order of the red facia and red mirror covers.
Yup... me too. Between them and Glynn Hopkins, a lot of my cash has gone to the UK in search of Abarth trim components. :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Definitely avoiding the cheap knockoffs on eBay and Amazon? You mean the kind that the rest of us have? And I should feel sorry for you why? You're a badge snob. I think there's a fine for that. 🤔😉 I got the cheap knock-offs I really don't see much of a difference for such a small little part. Maybe it makes people feel good to spend the extra money. But no normal human being absent some sort of Fiat driven Asperger syndrome is going to notice the difference and I don't give a shit about a non-performance part. I got a fake steering wheel Abarth badge too. I guess I'm a cheap-ass heretic. But then again I just got done spending quite a bit of money and a bunch of other non authentic Fiat parts like turbo shock Springs Etc nobody's too concerned about authenticity when it comes to the functional parts . But when it comes to the non-functional parts, God forbid that it's not absolute 100% Mopar all the way baby.
A badge snob? That's a first, never been called that before. To me the difference between the genuine badge and the knock-off badges is clear as night and day. Look at the font of the ABARTH, the colour of the red, the shine of the yellow, the way the tricolore stripe looks. I personally really appreciate how refined and perfect all those parts look on the authentic badge, so to me it looks incomparably better. But I understand that looks are subjective, and if both badges look the same to you then that's awesome, more power to you man.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I bought a rectangular badge with the tricolour sections from an eBay seller to add to the rear. The 124 introduction at the 2016 Paris motor show had one of these on the boot lid opposite side to the "124Spider" location.

I didn't mount it there but on the number plate frame, mainly because of quality considerations versus price.

Happy I did as the red section has now faded to orange so be mindful of the possibility.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
What a crazy reaction!

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
This Covid is killing my wallet, I need to be off the board, otherwise I will cleaning windshields on corner street. Ok a set of abarth badges 500 european part no. 735495888 shipping include $80.00 Canadian. i will take the weekend to think about it.

Reactions: wolf18t

·
Registered
73 Posts
A badge snob? That's a first, never been called that before. To me the difference between the genuine badge and the knock-off badges is clear as night and day. Look at the font of the ABARTH, the colour of the red, the shine of the yellow, the way the tricolore stripe looks. I personally really appreciate how refined and perfect all those parts look on the authentic badge, so to me it looks incomparably better. But I understand that looks are subjective, and if both badges look the same to you then that's awesome, more power to you man.
Mine looks just like yours it just has The faded patina that only a Chinese knockoff can give you. So by my reckoning my knockoff badge, which I paid eight bucks for, will give me the authenticity that your badge will take years to attain. You just got to think outside the box. It also helps to be color blind like me. I think that's your problem. But that's why you go on these forums so people like me can help you. ;-)

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
Guys if any one wants to buy them they're listed in the UK, fr, it Ebay. These 500 badges they're about 47 pounds or 52 Euro shiping included.(Canada)
I decided to pass for now, I think my spider has too many ornaments on the outside, maybe I'll use that $$ for other purpose on the spider. Expecting yellow fog lights in 2 weeks and that should be it.( for now lol)
also expecting my plaque for my Die cast car which I will post the final project.

·
Registered
15 Posts
You seem pleasant.

·
Registered
515 Posts
...also expecting my plaque for my Die cast car...
So if that's a 1/18 scale plaque to fit on the rear storage compartment it must be about 7mm x 4mm, good luck in fitting that :D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts