Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you get all huffy at the thought that our little cars are anything but pure italian, just hit the back button.

Otherwise...

Found a very interesting article from Redline Auto Parts listing the interchangeability between Fiat 124 Spider and the Mazda Miata ND

You can find it here: FIAT 124 to ND MIATA COMPATIBILITY/INTERCHANGE GUIDE

These guys are auto parts recyclers and have done a full tear down of both the Miata and the Fiat 124. They even have a YouTube video where they do a frame up comparison of the drive trains.

The list identifies all the parts, interior, exterior, engine and suspension that are interchangeable. So next time you need a part and don't want to pay the 40% markup because its says 'Fiat' or "Fits Fiat" take a look here.

I'm now looking at buying coil-overs for an ND as there are half a dozen options from K-Sport, Megan Racing, KW Suspension, ST Suspension and more that are well under a grand. Mechanically they are a direct fit. And as coil overs allow for various spring rates, pre-load and damping I don't foresee any problems there either.

·
Registered
106 Posts
When I was researching the 124 and ND, all of the reviews kept saying the interior is exactly the same. I knew the 124 didn't carry the exterior body color on top of the door sill, but I was surprised to see how different the door cards and upper dash that meets them really are.

·
Registered
60 Posts
dude i couldn't agree with you more. if you want to save money order the miata parts or accesories it's amazing how many cool accessories that fit the miata fit the fiat

·
Registered
60 Posts
just found some really cool carbon fiber accesories for the 124 lusso and abarth and they are listed for the miata at a much cheaper price on ebay

1 - 8 of 8 Posts