Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Abarth 124 Spider, Mare Blue / Nero Abarth Leather, Brembo's, Record Monza, Automatic
804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks! I just got an email from Fiat USA announcing the 2022 Fiat 500x "Yacht Club Capri" edition! Also, a salesman at Central Maine Motors in Waterville, Maine told me they had 10 new 500x's on the way. So it appears Fiat is still alive in North America. Hooray! (Now, wouldn't it be KOOOL if Fiat announced a new 124 Spider! And advertised it . . . . ) Best, s

·
Registered
902 Posts
Should be interesting to see what Fiat does here moving forward.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I wouldn't be surprised to see the Fiat brand used to bring some Peugeot platform cars to NA in the future.
Stellantis has already said they intend to cross platform.

·
Registered
2018 Abarth 124 Spider, Mare Blue / Nero Abarth Leather, Brembo's, Record Monza, Automatic
804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Both cross - platforming and choosing only the best / most practical platforms (based on cost, suitability for future use in both brand assignment and different markets) is something I definitely expect to see. It only makes sense for Stellantis to do this - just like Ford did with Volvo platforms, etc. Best, s

·
Registered
2018 124 Spider Lusso Red Top Edition, Automatic, Fashion Gray, Ivory Interior, Bordeaux Top
1,587 Posts

·
Registered
3,429 Posts
Personally, I owned 3 Fiats in my youth days and enjoyed them very much except for the RUST issues. Fiat had a great opportunity to succeed in North America and failed . Most of the dealers here still have the signs FIAT cause they must service them. I think if they sell Electric cars under Peugeot, they will more successful then the FIAT. name
When FIAT came here with the 500's, I was asked if I would buy one, I said with that money I would buy a more reliable and quality car for North America weather. The 124 spider is a different breed, I had option to buy an old 124 or new one, Due to latest technology, being a summer car and was built in Japan with 7X% Miata, I opted for the new 124.

I had 3 Italian cars(FIAT) comfortable, fun but rust was a killer)
2 Koreans (Hyundai) reliable
1 Ford (TEMPO) I still feel those seat coils in my ASS, not comfortable, typical American car.
2 Japanese)Nissan) Murano comfortable, reliable
1 JAP/Italian 124 Spider I appreciate the compliments when you drive a fun and reliable car.
So as you can see, North American cars are not my cup of tea. That's why they almost folded.

My next car will be Electric, but which one, that will be the question. I almost bought one ID4, but for long trips, I think one has to think twice maybe in a couple of years when batteries weight less and give more milage then the 250 Miles range. Also let's not forget these batteries lose % capacity after a couple of years of charging.

·
Premium Member
155 Posts
Even I thought twice about getting one after my mom (owner of a 124 and then sedan) would constantly say,"Fix It Again Tony" when describing our cars.
She loved the 124, though and only ditched it when by brother and i got too big for the back "seat".
I got my 124 in August just because that's when my dad pulled up on my Grandpop's shore house's front yard as a surprise one night.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts