Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Looking to take an epic road trip in 2022? Consider coming to the Fiat Freakout in The Woodlands, TX!

Hosted by Fiat Club America, this year's Freakout is the 39th in the annual series - and the first ever in Texas! You must be a member of Fiat Club America to attend. If you are not currently a member, you can become one here.

Home base for the Freakout 2022 will be:
The Woodlands Resort
2301 North Millbend Drive, The Woodlands, TX 77380
Water Cloud Sky Plant Building

Here is the agenda for the Freakout:

---------------------------------
WEDNESDAY, Sep 28th:
---------------------------------

1PM: CLAY SHOOTING at the Blackwood Sporting Company: ($25 fee) Come try your hand at shooting clay pigeons! Rentals are available for guns or you can bring your own. This event is timed so you can transition from the clay shoot to the brewery tour.

3PM: CRAFT BREWERY: Houston has multiple craft breweries. We will pick one of the best and enjoy its craftsmanship. Leave with the group from the hotel at 3PM or join us at the brewery after you are done clay shooting. NOTE - at this time, the brewery(s) has not been named.

DINNER: on your own

7PM: EARLY BIRD POOL PARTY: Come poolside at the resort and hang out with other early birds to the Freakout!

------------------------------
THURSDAY, Sep 29th
------------------------------

OPTION 1:

10AM: MUSEUM TRIP: Gullo Motor Museum ($10 fee) This private collection of cars owned by one of South Texas' largest car dealers is not open to the public. After this exclusive tour is over, we will head over to Montgomery for multiple options for lunch in historic Old town Montgomery, birthplace of the Lone Star Flag!

Afternoon: Embark on one of many self-guided drives highlighted in the Freakout Event Guide you will get when you sign in.

OPTION 2:

1030AM: TRACK DAY! ($150 per car) Houston Motorsports Ranch. Test your driving skills on Houston MSR's 2.38 mile track. This track is sanctioned for races by Champ Car World Series, Atlantic Championship, and Formula BMW. Rollbars not required, helmets available if needed. A box lunch is also available if you request one when you sign up for the event. 75 slots are available (about half of these are already taken). Instructors will be available to work with novices. IMPORTANT NOTE: If you select this event when you register for the Freakout, you will get an email giving you the link to Houston MSR within 24 hours of submitting your Freakout registration. You MUST follow the link and pay for the track day directly to Houston MSR. You will not "own" a slot until you pay Houston MSR.

Evening: WELCOME DINNER at the Peach Orchard (2.5 miles from the hotel) ($76/per person)

6-7PM: Social Hour A cash bar will be open. It will remain open throughout the dinner.

7PM: food service begins.

We will have a guest speaker after dinner as we officially open "Fiat Freakout 2022"!

------------------------
FRIDAY, Sep 30th
------------------------

OPTION 1:

930AM: TIME, SPEED, DISTANCE RALLY: traveling through rural Texas, this rally tests your ability to maintain a steady pace while following a specific course set up by the Rallymaster.

OPTION 2:

10AM: YANKEES BAR and GRILL Enjoy the 90 minutes of backroads country driving on the way to Yankees Bar and Grill. Yankees offers food and drink. ("Cold Beer - Free Advice")

There are 3 choices for returning to the hotel after Yankees:
1) Head straight back to the hotel.
2) Drive through Sam Houston National Forest, past Lake Conroe, and stop in Conroe for their breweries, meadery, and shopping.
3) If you didn't get to Old Town Montgomery the day before, head back through Montgomery.

Friday Dinner is on your own.

MOVIE NIGHT: details will be in the event guide, but the Woodlands Resort will have movie on their big screen for all the Freakout Freaks.

---------------------------
SATURDAY, Oct 1st
---------------------------

8AM: The signature event of every Freakout - the CONCORSO D'ELEGANZA!

Cars will begin departing for the Concorso at 8AM, with all cars on the field by 9:30AM.

The event will be held at 5 minutes from the hotel at Town Green Park. Each car will have a designated parking spot. If you've never been to a Freakout before, cars are grouped by type. That means all the classic 124s will be parked together, all the modern 124s will be parked together, all the modern 500s will be parked together, all the Alfa 4Cs will be parked together, etc.

Judging will occur between 10AM and 1PM. Each car owner will get to vote by text, so be sure to bring your smart phone!

This event will be open to the public, so all cars are asked to stay on the show field til at least 2PM.

Several locations in the Woodlands close to Town Green Park offer food and shopping and a free local trolley runs from Town Green Park to Market for more food options and shopping.

Awards will be announced at the awards banquet Saturday evening. Car owners must be present at the dinner to accept their awards.

530PM: AWARDS BANQUET at the DOSEY DOE BIG BARN

Bus service to and from the Dosey Doe will begin at 530PM.

Following social hour and "Cooked from scratch" dinner, FCA will present awards, special recognitions, and more. After the presentations are over, kick back or get up and boot scoot across the Dosey doe dance floor to live entertainment.

------------------------
SUNDAY, Oct 2nd
------------------------

6:45AM CARS AND COFFEE: (small donation requested at event- all proceeds go to local charities) Every first Sunday the Woodlands hosts a "Cars and Coffee with a Cause" on Market Street. Come participate in this local car gathering; you will be back to the hotel in time for the raffle!

10AM: POST BREAKFAST RAFFLE: raffle and special announcement. the last official event of the Freakout.

NOTE: Every night of the Freakout, expect a party in the parking lot as people enjoy the company of fellow enthusiasts, talk cars, talk tall tales of driving exploits, make new friends, and visit with old ones. The Fiat freakout may seem to be about cars, but it isn't. It is really about family and friendship, something you will discover as you join the group in the parking lot every evening.

OH!

Did I mention the FREE CAR GIVEAWAY? Yes, you read that right. Fiat Freakout 2022 is giving away a car! Every registration for the Freakout includes 1 raffle ticket for the drawing to win the Carmadillo! The Carmadillo is a specially wrapped 1982 Fiat 2000 Spider. It has 42K original miles, its original motor and has recently been given a once over and complete preventative maintenance by Gulf Coast Fiats club members.

In addition to the single tickets for each registration, there will be 200 other tickets for sale exclusively to Freakout guests for $50 each.

FOOD, FUN, FAMILY, FRIENDS, and FIATS! What could be better?

Come to the Fiat Freakout 2022!

Some pics from the Fiat Freakout 2021 in Lancaster, PA:

Plant Sky Wheel Tire Car
Tableware Drinkware Table Stemware Dishware
Car Plant Land vehicle Tire Vehicle

Automotive parking light Car Plant Tire Sky
Car Tire Wheel Sky Land vehicle
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Car Tire

Attachments

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Last day to register for the Freakout is 27 August 2022 - only 2 months to go! See links in the OP.

·
866 Posts
Last day to register for the Freakout is 27 August 2022 - only 2 months to go! See links in the OP.
I am registered and signed up. Looking forward to the track day too.

Reactions: Tazilon Brenner

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We are registered. It will be a 3800 mile round trip from New Hampshire.
oh wow- that will be an awesome trip! Which you coming through Texas?

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OP edited to add the Carmadillo 1982 Fiat 2000 Spider giveaway!

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
We are Planning to go by The Corvette Museum in Bowling Green KY on the way down. Google is sending us into Texas by Texarkana…
What day will you be arriving? We are a doing a caravan down I-45 on Wednesday afternoon.

·
866 Posts
What day will you be arriving? We are a doing a caravan down I-45 on Wednesday afternoon.
I think I may try to do your caravan. I will be in the Colleyville, TX area at the world HQ of Auto Ricambi. If anyone wants to meet up there, I would gladly show them around. looking forward to it.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think I may try to do your caravan. I will be in the Colleyville, TX area at the world HQ of Auto Ricambi. If anyone wants to meet up there, I would gladly show them around. looking forward to it.
I will let people know and see if anyone wants to meet you there. Jennifer and I can't. She teaches in Pleasant Grove and will be getting off at noon. I am meeting her at her school and we are heading straight to the Ennis Buc-ees from her school. We have to be there for the caravan at 12:30PM.

·
866 Posts
I may need to head down earlier anyway. I wanted to be on-site in time for the Brewery social at 3pm.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
If we get there in time, we may join you at one of the stops... I have the Caravan to the Freakout article In Ricambi with the stops and times.
Awesome! The more, the merrier!

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
We just registered!
Awesome! Will be nice to see you again! (we're all jonesing for another Twisted Sisters)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts