Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone planning on attending the FIAT freakout this year? It's being hosted by Cream City 500 Club in my backyard, 15 minutes from the house I grew up in and 2 hours from where I live right now, and we are excited to go to our first FIAT meet! I'll include the link to the FIAT club america page, but here is a quick look at some events:

Thursday: Backroad cruise around Holly Hill and Wisconsin Auto Museum

Friday: Cruise to Road America race way in Elkhart Lake

Saturday: Concorso at Festa Italiana - Summerfest grounds in Milwaukee

Sunday: Brunch and Awards & optional Autocross near Chicago

page link: www.fiatclubamerica.com/FFO2017/

Let me know if you are attending, I'm curious to see how may other spiders are there, and if you have been to a FIAT Freakout in the past. What can I expect this summer and please share any stories from past FFO's.

Reactions: SteveWy

·
Registered
205 Posts
Let me know if you are attending, I'm curious to see how may other spiders are there, and if you have been to a FIAT Freakout in the past. What can I expect this summer and please share any stories from past FFO's.
Some of my favorite areas of Southeast Wisconsin after growing up outside Milwaukee. Count me as a likely!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got the email today that Registration is open and the GF and I are all registered and can't wait for JULY to roll around. We're really excited about going to our first FREAKOUT and can't wait to meet other passionate FIAT owners!

https://www.fiatclubamerica.com/FFO2017/

·
Registered
205 Posts
For those on the fence for the FreakOut or who were not considering it at all but have interest in historic racers: the Brian Redman historic weekend at Road America is on at the same time.
Link from 2015 lineup showing kind of cars to expect: Here

There's always a smattering of unlimited CanAm vehicles, and admission includes paddock pass for an up close look and feel of their engines as they fire up.
More Info

·
Registered
205 Posts
Reviving this thread.

Anyone else going? I will be in attendance, but not staying with the group, as my parents are local.
Registration closes tonight unless you want to shovel out a $50 late fee.

My events:
Thurs: Holy Hill Cruise & Auto Museum
Friday: Road America
Saturday: Audible - not attending the Concourse. Instead going back to Road America for the Historic races, might make dinner
Sunday: Breakfast & goofing around Milwaukee.

I can provide some Milwaukee recommendations for anyone else in attendance. If interested in meeting up, please PM for contact info.

Cheers to all!

·
813 Posts
I will be going to represent Auto Ricambi in the FIAT 124 Spider Abarth. I look forward to seeing everyone, please be sure to say hi and I have a few suprises to give out.

Free detail rags

Free 12x18 FFO posters!

Please be sure to find me and say hi.

Reactions: Not Sure and Mike34

·
813 Posts
Posters

Hi Brett
Any chance of the poster being posted to the UK if I cover the cost
Thanks
Send me the info and I will see what I can do. I will hold back a few posters for folks who may not be able to attend but we do have limited numbers.

Reactions: Mike34

·
Premium Member
2,353 Posts
I doubt I'll ever make a freakout..unless I organize one here on Oahu...I'd like to get a poster too... if possible. Mahalo Brett.

sending PM now.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Roll Call!

My GF and I checked in and registered this afternoon and we are beyond excited about the weekend ahead of us! I did the cardinal sin and didn't take any pictures, we were too busy racing at Veloce go-karts and having amazing pizza at Delafield Brewhaus. Anyway, I will have lot's of pics for the rest of the week but I want to know who is here already and who is still on their way. I saw a beautiful Rosso 124 Spider with Michigan Plates. Who are you?

So speak up and let us know who is here! And I'll see you tomorrow at the Holy-Hill cruise.

·
Vendor
3,343 Posts
My son Jordan is there along with my son in law Toby. We have a Eurocompulsion booth set up so be sure to stop by and say hello. I wish I could have been there this year, but it didn't work out for me.

Greg

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My son Jordan is there along with my son in law Toby. We have a Eurocompulsion booth set up so be sure to stop by and say hello. I wish I could have been there this year, but it didn't work out for me.

Greg
We stopped by and picked up a stubby antenna this morning! Lot's of stuff there at the booth and the 2 cars are beautiful.

Reactions: Greg

·
Registered
205 Posts
We stopped by and picked up a stubby antenna this morning! Lot's of stuff there at the booth and the 2 cars are beautiful.
Dan,

Pretty sure that was you in the parking lot at Holy Hill today. Pleasure to meet you. Hope you enjoyed that quick jaunt on CR Q.
Got worried when I didn't see you at the museum, but hope to see you tomorrow!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Dan,

Pretty sure that was you in the parking lot at Holy Hill today. Pleasure to meet you. Hope you enjoyed that quick jaunt on CR Q.
Got worried when I didn't see you at the museum, but hope to see you tomorrow!
Yep! That was Jess and I. We did enjoy the cruise down Q. But that TPM was a issue... We stopped at a BP to fill the tire back up and found a drywall screw in the tire. Once we got to the Museum we took a closer look at the tire and went to a local shop to get it mended. All is good now and we're ready for tomorrow at Road America!

Attachments

Reactions: Greg

·
Registered
205 Posts
We need for pictures from the Freakout. Some of us are feeling left out.

Greg
Greg,

I'll get some from the parade before it leaves for Road America tonight. Can't get any on the track....I'll be too busy trying to push my right foot through the firewall down the straights. :D :D :D

1 - 20 of 27 Posts