Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

321 - 340 of 367 Posts

·
Registered
703 Posts
Just curious - a friend picked up her 2019 Abarth this morning. Is there ANY chance that I'll be able to do the hacks to her system? (I'm already expecting that I'll have to go the serial port method, but until I can see what software she's running can't be sure. I just don't want to get her hopes up. She already asked why her touchscreen didn't work while the car was moving...)

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #324
Just curious - a friend picked up her 2019 Abarth this morning. Is there ANY chance that I'll be able to do the hacks to her system? (I'm already expecting that I'll have to go the serial port method, but until I can see what software she's running can't be sure. I just don't want to get her hopes up. She already asked why her touchscreen didn't work while the car was moving...)
Also -any way to disable the "Agree" button?!
Annoying!
@linefeed, you need to determine your firware version, but you are probably correct.

@Butterpants, yes that is the "Remove boot-up disclaimer completely " tweak.

·
Registered
104 Posts
For Fathers Day, my son installed tweaks to the infotainment system on my 2017 Prima, and, while at it, also updated the map for navigation (a separate task). I love the infotainment tweaks! Thank you Ameridan for making them available. My son said that the instructions you gave were easy to follow and made installing the tweaks fast and easy.

·
Registered
703 Posts
I finally got to take a drive in Page (my friend's new 2019 Abarth) and can't believe how frustrating the un-tweaked system is! Unfortunately her firmware is 59.00.562 NA N. She has CarPlay in her Mercedes and will probably want it in her 124 as well, so I guess I'll need to go find out how to do the serial hack... (Or is that the one you CAN'T hack???)

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
I finally got to take a drive in Page (my friend's new 2019 Abarth) and can't believe how frustrating the un-tweaked system is! Unfortunately her firmware is 59.00.562 NA N. She has CarPlay in her Mercedes and will probably want it in her 124 as well, so I guess I'll need to go find out how to do the serial hack... (Or is that the one you CAN'T hack???)
59 will be fine once you do the serial ID7 install. Good news is if you are doing CarPlay then you are pulling everything out anyway so the serial hack isn't that much more work...

·
Registered
703 Posts
59 will be fine once you do the serial ID7 install. Good news is if you are doing CarPlay then you are pulling everything out anyway so the serial hack isn't that much more work...
That's what I was thinking... Just didn't;'t want to order the CarPlay stuff to find out I can't do the mods...

·
Registered
30 Posts
Anyone know if it is possible to change the sound file for the speed limit warning? Handy to have on but it doesn't need to say 4-5 seconds of speech each time I go half a km over the posted limit.

My current solution is to speed once then keep above that limit... And yes I could turn it off completely but sometimes it is handy if you are just creeping over the limit without realising because you are listening to the exhaust instead

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Anyone know if it is possible to change the sound file for the speed limit warning? Handy to have on but it doesn't need to say 4-5 seconds of speech each time I go half a km over the posted limit.

My current solution is to speed once then keep above that limit... And yes I could turn it off completely but sometimes it is handy if you are just creeping over the limit without realising because you are listening to the exhaust instead
I think the speed limit warning is a Euro specific feature - US cars don't have it. However I'll take a look and see if I can find the relevant audio file. If its part of the entertainment system and we can find the right file, it should be easy enough to swap. Some amusing possibilities for what to swap it with...:D

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
I think the speed limit warning is a Euro specific feature - US cars don't have it. However I'll take a look and see if I can find the relevant audio file. If its part of the entertainment system and we can find the right file, it should be easy enough to swap. Some amusing possibilities for what to swap it with...:D

·
Registered
2,175 Posts

321 - 340 of 367 Posts