Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New member as of 9/12. Took delivery of my new 2020 Lusso Mare Blue, saddle and manual transmission yesterday. It took an age to locate this model with the manual. From Indy and located it at the Fiat dealer in Bethesda Maryland. Bought sight unseen. I'd never even seen the color in person because they're so rare. That got me wondering where at Fiat I could find out how many units of my model, color and options were produced in a given year. With production stopped for 2021, the Spider will continue to remain a rare beast indeed.

·
Registered
131 Posts
That's a good question. We also bought a 2020 spider this summer. Wondering how many 2020s were sent to the US?

·
Vendor
3,231 Posts
I don't have an answer for you, but every Spider is pretty rare. I haven't seen two that are identical ever. Your color is probably the most rare, but I'm not sure. It would not surprise me at all if yours is literally the only 2020 with that combination.

Greg

·
Registered
541 Posts

·
Registered
2018 124 Spider Abarth
26 Posts
I got mine 2018 Abarth a week ago and its Blue Scuro (Dark Blue Metallic). I just love how it looks especially during sunny days. Welcome to the Blue family =)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got mine 2018 Abarth a week ago and its Blue Scuro (Dark Blue Metallic). I just love how it looks especially during sunny days. Welcome to the Blue family =)
When searching new and used, I went onto cars dot com ( they seemed to have the greatest numbers) and they listed about 475 Spiders. Then applying filters, manual that knocked it down tremendously, blue - like 3 showing and with saddle - nope zero. Seems like the most popular are black, then white, silver, smattering of red and gobs of automatics. Unofficial metrics of course

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Don't Wards, Crain, and others publish numbers?

·
Registered
867 Posts
So, is there a 2021 Spider? FCA has been saying “this is the end of Spider production” for the past two years...and every time they sneak one more model year.

Not that I’m complaining or anything...

·
Registered
867 Posts
Don't Wards, Crain, and others publish numbers?
From what I recall, Crain publishes N.A. production and sales. They also publish some EU figures for their Automotive News Europe subscribers. I don’t think I’ve ever seen any regular figures on Japan production.

·
Registered
2019 124 Spider Abarth
175 Posts
Yeah. I think your Mare Blue and the 2019 Cerámica Gray color are the rarest. I’ve not seen them in person.

So far I’ve actually seen black, black with heritage (Greg’s car), white, pearl white, red, and silver.

That cerámica gray color came on the Miatas too - it’s a light grey silver color that almost looks like a light primer color.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm interested in a very specific metric. My year, model, color package (exterior and interior) as well as options; not gross production numbers by make and model for a country. I know there must be a FCA database, it's finding the right portal. I plan to work with dealer, then regional then hopefully corporate channels. Nice winter project I guess.

·
Registered
867 Posts
I'm interested in a very specific metric. My year, model, color package (exterior and interior) as well as options; not gross production numbers by make and model for a country. I know there must be a FCA database, it's finding the right portal. I plan to work with dealer, then regional then hopefully corporate channels. Nice winter project I guess.
Try entering your VIN here: FCA RAM

·
Registered
424 Posts
New member as of 9/12. Took delivery of my new 2020 Lusso Mare Blue, saddle and manual transmission yesterday. It took an age to locate this model with the manual. From Indy and located it at the Fiat dealer in Bethesda Maryland. Bought sight unseen. I'd never even seen the color in person because they're so rare. That got me wondering where at Fiat I could find out how many units of my model, color and options were produced in a given year. With production stopped for 2021, the Spider will continue to remain a rare beast indeed.
Welcome to the forum hope you enjoy that rare specimen.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Try entering your VIN here: FCA RAM
Thanx Aldo. Certainly a very complete list. Was interested in how many of this build configuration were built and delivered to the US in 2020.

·
Registered
11 Posts
My favorite 124 color. I have a Silver 2018 Classica and would love to upgrade to a 2020 Lusso or Abarth if i can find one that is not black.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well I've had mine 6 days now and must take a drive every day. Being retired is great. I have noticed feeling sorry for for all those Lemmings trapped in samo small SUV thinking, "oh if you only knew the thrill". It's been many years since I retired from the Air Force and flying fighters is certainly the ultimate thrill, I just have a smug smile on every drive. Amazed they can engineer and build such a great car for so little money.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
I had an errand to run before work this morning and was sorry I couldn't drive my Spider to do it; our small dogs get in the way of shifting.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts