Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
124 Spider Vendor
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Always fun to be going through a newly arrived magazine and find picture of any of our Project Cars. This time the surprise was courtesy our friends at Konig, they liked our RF on new Konig 17x8 Ultraform wheels enough to feature it in their newest magazine ads! As seen here these are 17x8 size, and our new RF with CARB Pending Supercharger kit, lowered with our RF Springs and KONI SPORT shocks, Four Piston Caliper upgrades, and more.

Much more info on this FAST project car in our forum at THIS LINK.

·
124 Spider Vendor
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Guys, new KONIG DEKAGRAM and AMPLIFORM arrived Friday, will be unloading Monday. Numerous sizes and colors for all years of Miata/Fiat 124. See the site for what sizes and colors have arrived, we will be making the choices 'live' as they get unloaded etc. First shipment is limited and we expect demand will sweep away the fun new choices quick!

Which do you guys want to see pics on car first? We will likely get that done this week, will be double checking brake clearances too, both these made to clear our big brakes, we supplied our templates during the design process.

·
124 Spider Vendor
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
New KONIG DEKAGRAM and AMPLIFORM arrived Friday, unloaded Monday. Numerous sizes and colors for all years of Miata/Fiat 124. See details on our site for what sizes and colors have arrived, we will be making the choices 'live' as they get unloaded etc. First shipment is limited and we expect demand will sweep away the fun new choices quick! The 17x8 unloaded yesterday, expecting 16x8 too but don't see it on what has arrived so far.

Checked our templates late yesterday and found that neither of these in 17x8 clear the fat Brembo...though they do clear easily all our Wilwood calipers, four piston and six piston, 12.19 Wilwood kit, and our biggest 12.88 kit.

The Ampliform on our scale! Mounting tires and getting pics on our Fiat 124 this week!

Came in a bit under the advertised weights....this is 17x8.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Those AMPLIFORM wheels look very Abarth-like...looking forward to seeing them on the fiat.
EDIT: and that's a good thing: I know a few people like the Abarth wheels, myself included, but want something lighter and wider.

Reactions: Mike34

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Those look awesome on the Mazda , can’t wait to see on the spider. I agree that I do like the Abarth wheels, they’re just too heavy. I like that these rims look very factory like.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Nice rims

Well, I just ordered the ampliform wheels. I went on the Miata site and saw the grey metalic on the Miata , have to have them. Brian if you could chime in and tell me what size tire you recommend. I also ordered the Wilwood brakes for the front and I have the progress springs I need to install. I do not want the tires to rub with these rims. What do you recommend?. Thanks

Attachments

·
124 Spider Vendor
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
YES...factory lugs work. But use a thin wall socket so you don't scratch your new wheels, shops usually have sockets with sleeve around the tool that helps protect the wheel. Always instruct the shop mounting your tires to hand torque the lugs, 85 ft/lbs. With any new wheel important to check torque on those lugs weekly for the first month, something about smooth new wheel finish always seems to help lugs get loose until that surface under the lugs gets scuffed slightly.

On tires, several choices fit. If running an aggressive tire, like any of the 200 treadwear choices or race tires, then stock size 205mm wide will fit 17x8 and square up nicely and that will absolutely max the grip from that tire. Street guys usually don't do that because risk of curb rash is high and ride quality is rough when sidewalls are that 100 percent supported. So, street customers will usually do at least a 215/45 tire and more likely 225/45 or 235/40. For max street grip that 235/40 is a top choice because as near perfect diameter match for factory tire as you get and yet rides great, grips great, etc. Note that 235/40 can scrub fender liner a little at full steering lock, how much depends on how low your car is, which tire you pick, how much camber you got, how much caster you have, etc. That generally won't hurt the plastic fender liner but if that is going to bother you then pick one of the smaller sizes listed above.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Looks awesome. I almost wish I ordered the bronze for my white abarth. Can you recommend what size emblem would fit on the center?. I assume the factory center would not fit these wheels.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Those look so good. Was really considering the 6ULs, but I don't think the 2.1lbs will make a noticeable difference on the street. This isn't my main race car, so I don't need to nitpick over every pound.

I like the look of these better, plus they're quite a bit cheaper too... Might need to order a set for spring.

·
124 Spider Vendor
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Our Fiat 124 in action at SCCA event last weekend.

Had Bronze 6UL 17x9 on one side.

Bronze Hypergram 17x9 on the other side.

I really like the Hypergram in bronze, it is a subtle cool bronze. At first I thought the MUCH WARMER 'Bronze' of the 6UL was too much, but now I love them.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts