Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the Italian paper Gazetta Dello Sport, There's an article that stipulates the end of the 124 Spider.
You can use google translate. I had hope they would continue with the Abarth, but no luck.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Good! Now the cars will increase in value in a few years...right?!

·
Registered
58 Posts
I'm guessing the miata won't be made much longer, just not a big enough market for inexpensive roadsters any more, I mean look at the decline year over year of sales of miatas since they first appeared.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Great, how will we be servicing our cars in the years to come?
For me the same guy who has been servicing it since it was brand new will be taking care of it [looks in the mirror].

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Great, how will we be servicing our cars in the years to come?
The same way they service my Mitusbishi Montero SUV that was last sold in North America in 2005. Over time, some of the trim pieces become more scarce, but overall there's no big service worries. I don't anticipate anything major with our vehicles. Pretty much everything except body trim components should be readily available, and even trim should be locateable via part out yards.

In preparation for long term maintenance I have invested in the electrical and service manuals in USB form from the MOPAR Tech Authority. They've already proven to be useful, and I expect will be more so in the years to come.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I read an article the other day indicating Mazda was working on an electric version of the Miata/Mx5 and wondering if that was the death knell for the car.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I read an article the other day indicating Mazda was working on an electric version of the Miata/Mx5 and wondering if that was the death knell for the car.
I think Mazda has a lot of thinking to do for the 5th gen or NE, that is if it goes electric or gas or hybrid. Their volume is more problematic.

Personally I would stays statu-quo for a couple more years and 2025, the decision maybe much easy to take.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I think Mazda has a lot of thinking to do for the 5th gen or NE, that is if it goes electric or gas or hybrid. Their volume is more problematic.

Personally I would stays statu-quo for a couple more years and 2025, the decision maybe much easy to take.
It's interesting that the new all EV compact SUV is designated the MX30. Does that mean a new line all EV models which may include the MX5 as the sporty one is the future?

It's highly unlikely that the ND chassis will be suitable for an EV and as it's reputed that it was co-developed by Fiat/Mazda, and that the 124 will not be part of the production line, it seems that the ND as we know it will be the last on this chassis.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
I would enjoy an EV miata-like vehicle. Low weight, instant power, good handling? Sounds like a winner. But the price is important too...Tesla roadster on the other hand...

·
Registered
771 Posts
I feel like the most important components are just stolen from other, more popular cars. I don't really think that it will be a problem. Plus so many guys on this forum have dissected the car and documented it to the nth degree.
I don't know. I've seen too many stories on this board already of people waiting weeks for parts, and that was while the car was being made. I'm sure common wear parts won't be an issue. But how long was Bill waiting for those ignition parts? Haven't a couple of guys waited weeks for a windshield? Body parts if you have an accident? Good luck.

And as much as I love the car I don't believe for a second this will ever increase in value or be a collectible. At least not for 40+ years. I don't see many vehicles in the "infotainment system" era aging gracefully, beyond serious high performance cars.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
I don't know. I've seen too many stories on this board already of people waiting weeks for parts, and that was while the car was being made. I'm sure common wear parts won't be an issue. But how long was Bill waiting for those ignition parts? Haven't a couple of guys waited weeks for a windshield? Body parts if you have an accident? Good luck.

And as much as I love the car I don't believe for a second this will ever increase in value or be a collectible. At least not for 40+ years. I don't see many vehicles in the "infotainment system" era aging gracefully, beyond serious high performance cars.
Yeah I definitely don't think it will be worth money in the future unless you bought one, never put any miles on it, and put it in a bubble. I think we all kind of signed up for a little bit of a risk by getting this car but it's definitely a risk I was willing to take.

·
Registered
262 Posts

And now Im back to be upset.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Production of this car will come to an end one day. If not this year, then next, or the year after. I'm not worried about it.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts