Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
On my country Fiat website it is already gone from “models” section.
waiting for sweet clearance deals on carbon top and record monza 😏

·
Premium Member
1,344 Posts
On my country Fiat website it is already gone from “models” section.
waiting for sweet clearance deals on carbon top and record monza 😏
I was going to say its strange how the vehicle availability varies, but in reflection, maybe not so much a mystery. In Canada, we can't get anything newer than a 2019 model year Spider, and the 500 Abarth's aren't even listed anymore. We went from 3 Fiat dealerships down to 1. You can still buy 500 Abarths in the States, but since we're a fraction of their population and market size, I guess it's not worth it to create ones with displays and controls controls in metric. Yup, those of us in smaller markets are seeing the demise much sooner than in the US.

·
Registered
531 Posts
I was going to say its strange how the vehicle availability varies, but in reflection, maybe not so much a mystery. In Canada, we can't get anything newer than a 2019 model year Spider, and the 500 Abarth's aren't even listed anymore. We went from 3 Fiat dealerships down to 1. You can still buy 500 Abarths in the States, but since we're a fraction of their population and market size, I guess it's not worth it to create ones with displays and controls controls in metric. Yup, those of us in smaller markets are seeing the demise much sooner than in the US.
Can Canadians living close to the US border make a purchase across it?

·
Registered
44 Posts
2019 last year for the 500s in the US, I recently picked up my 124 Abarth because I don't see it lasting here past 2020. All of the good cars are going away..........

·
Registered
47 Posts
My contribution here is usually posting interesting articles I find on the car. Here is a nice one I saw today. To me, it shows the problem with selling it is marketing and the state of the overall car market. FCA did not market the car properly and it’s a two seater when the market is looking for SUVs. Still love the car! And am anxiously waiting for winter to end and get back on the road.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Great contribution. It's a shame this car doesn't get more attention. I purchased my 2017 Abarth used about 1 1/2 years ago. Had 10K miles then, and now over 22K. One of the best cars I've ever owned. Just a blast to drive and looks fantastic.

·
Registered
47 Posts
We’ve been having a mild winter until today. I’ve had her out a few times, but now I know it won’t be for a while. So I’m really anxious for Spring! It’s definitely my favorite!(y)

·
Premium Member
1,344 Posts
Can Canadians living close to the US border make a purchase across it?
You can, but it's a paperwork ordeal, and take a huge hit on import tariffs. If I was eager to buy a 500 Abarth again, it would be tempting though.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I assume Fiat will stop building the spider when Mazda goes into the 5th GEN.
From what I remember hearing, the ND Miata only happened because of the partnership with Fiat, and Mazda seems to care less and less about their "Zoom Zoom" every year, so if Fiat pulls out I have close to zero confidence in a 5th gen Miata without some kind of outside capital investment.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Does anyone know the dates when the last batch of Spiders will be built? I imagine 2020s have been in production a while, mixed in with Miatas.

·
Premium Member
492 Posts
Does anyone know the dates when the last batch of Spiders will be built? I imagine 2020s have been in production a while, mixed in with Miatas.
if they have published the official death knoll then it would follow (I think) that production is now winding down, the UK cars sold out end of 2018- early 2019 so if you are considering grabbing one (with a proper gearbox that is) then now is probably a good time to start eyeing up the kids saving boxes, selling on next doors Rolls Royce spare parts and sending the dog to the compound to save on food...........I do wish I had one of your aircraft hanger sizes garages and a discounted Abarth in Red.........to go with my Abarthised Classica,as that is going nowhere ! Cheers
ron

·
Premium Member
1,344 Posts
Still alive in South Africa?

Looks like it, but no mention of what model year is available. We can still purchase in Calgary as well, but nothing newer than 2019's show up available for purchase. If the 500 stock is an indicator, I'd wager that the US market will have 2020 stock and most of the rest of the planet won't.

41 - 53 of 53 Posts