Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've looked around and haven't found this, so I started working on a design. It's not done yet, but the basic idea is. I think it would be awesome to have this as the f/r logos and on the steering wheel. I'm an odd one who has had the prancing moose on my Volvos, a raging moose on my Saab, and more. I hope this humors you as well.
Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive design Rim Automotive exterior

·
Registered
153 Posts
This whole Fiata naming is very much an American thing, but with all the Fiata jokes aside, I think this would quite honestly look ludicrous on a 124. Sorry, but you bought a Fiat 124 Spider not a Mazda Miata/MX5. As far as humorous, the idea of someone doing this did make me laugh though! :)

Maybe think of a design which pays homage to the original 124?

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
If you're ashamed of and want to denigrate the car your bought, maybe you shouldn't have bought it. Just sayin'!
Me think he's a MX5 guy who is so frustrated seeing the gals heading toward the 124spider and getting all the attention, while he stands alone waiting for some FAT LADY come along to sing him, you got the wrong Car buddy.

That he got the MX5, I have no issue with that, it's his money, and he chose to buy the MX5. But to denigrate others for having choses the 124spider, then he's a pure loser.

·
Registered
3,247 Posts
I've looked around and haven't found this, so I started working on a design. It's not done yet, but the basic idea is. I think it would be awesome to have this as the f/r logos and on the steering wheel. I'm an odd one who has had the prancing moose on my Volvos, a raging moose on my Saab, and more. I hope this humors you as well.
You'll likely find more fans on the Miata sites. lol IMHO, the whole Fiata thing is just so old and so over-played. Hmm... wonder what the Mini Booper crowd thinks? :)

• Haha
Reactions: Bella Fiat

·
Registered
793 Posts
You see, FIAT is a car Make, or manufacturer, while Miata is a car Model, so it doesn't really work. Also, the MX 5 was only called Miata in North America, so most people in the world won't get the lame joke anyway.

·
Registered
2018 Fiat 124 Spider Abarth
2,403 Posts
Mazda has tried to get rid of the Miata name in North America, and migrate us to MX-5, as it is called in the rest of the world. But the name Miata has stuck like day-old gum.

Reactions: Chipshot

·
Registered
49 Posts
View attachment 94170
I covered mine with an Abarth LOGO since I have the 124 (Fiat) Abarth spider and it had Abarth logos.... I also put Abarth logos on my side lights. My rims have the Abarth logo as well.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've looked around and haven't found this, so I started working on a design. It's not done yet, but the basic idea is. I think it would be awesome to have this as the f/r logos and on the steering wheel. I'm an odd one who has had the prancing moose on my Volvos, a raging moose on my Saab, and more. I hope this humors you as well. View attachment 94170

·
Registered
5 Posts
View attachment 94170
No !! Lol

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
"fiata" is actually Italian for "breath"
I couldn 't resist, when they see the 124spider, it takes people breath away. So this to the Wanabee guy

·
Registered
978 Posts
Good lord, you guys need to calm down. Some of you are acting like he slashed your tires or something
Not sure if anyone is overreacting as much as showing pride of ownership and defending.
I'm wondering what the reaction would be if someone showed up on, say one of the Mustang forums, with a visually maligned version of the Mustang emblem and a bastardized version of the name FORD? Knowing the Mustang owners I know and have known over the past 50+ years I have pretty good idea the forum would probably explode.
Just a guess on my part. ;)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts