Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone installed a fiberglass baffle for their Goodwin muffler delete?

I would like to install a single baffle on my duals for a balance of performance and livability, but I'm not sure which side would yield the optimum airflow. Should I put it on the driver's side or the passenger's?

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
What did you end up doing here? A single fiberglass baffle? Both baffles? Since the system is "one into two", it probably would not matter which side you baffled.

I guess I can understand that having only one baffle might bring down the decibels a wee bit, if at all, but at a standstill what does it sound like from inside the car, and to those at the crosswalk while you await a traffic signal change?

I'm keeping my muffler, but if I did a delete, the fiberglass baffles, on both sides, would be my choice.

Steve.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I ended up doing one baffle, after trying out two baffles and no baffle. I'd say it makes a difference in the tonal quality of the sound as well as volume. In particular, one baffle gets the loudest sound without the annoying "booming" sound at highway speeds. With the top up, the loudest noise is still wind noise.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts