Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My name was on an Abarth to be delivered last November for a Studio in the S.F. Bay Area, but they went out of business and I was back to square one. Did find a Studio about 50 miles from home who had one with a pending delivery. However, FCA was completely uncooperative regarding the delivery status concerning the arrival times for the Abarth. The Studio gave me three delivery windows which were all missed. Finally, the vehicle did arrive during the fourth window. In this age of almost instant communications, don't understand why the FCA transit team can't provide up to date in transit information.

The red beauty arrived a week ago this last Friday. Am really amazed with the significant changes the sport mode makes in all driving characteristics. It is really fun to zoom - zoom. Have been installing all the bits and pieces I ordered the lasts several months. Have just a few pictures to post now. More to come later.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Quite spiffy. Is that a factory stripe?

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quite spiffy. Is that a factory stripe?
That's a heritage wrap from a local Southern California wrap shop. They did a grand job for a lot less than the factory $2.000. option. :)

·
Registered
727 Posts
Congratulations! Seems like ages since we last communicated. Your long wait will be well worth it. Just in time for summer.

·
Super Moderator
948 Posts
Very nice work. I was also appalled at the disconnect between FCA transit and the dealer. The cars arrive in the Baltimore, and then just vanish into the rail network, and then suddenly appear at a siding some weeks later. Depending on how many dealers are getting cars there is no telling how long it will take for the cars to arrive. They just show up! No organization at all.
I like where you placed the plate from Bondurant. I was kind of stuck on where to put mine.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Congrats, took me 4 months to get mine, but it was worth the wait!! Enjoy!

·
Registered
283 Posts
I feel blessed. We found ours at 6:00 PM on a Thursday evening online, called the dealer 4 hours away and had a deal within minutes. 26 hours later the car was home in my garage.

·
Registered
530 Posts
that's my color ca kid, and i've wanted the heritage stripe since i bought it but haven't pulled the trigger yet. I truly appreciate your pictures, and i've downloaded them to give me a better look at what might be coming my way... Have you considered the red front spoiler lip? i'm thinking that little extra accent will add a lot. BTW, i just installed the EC Euro + drive tune for my abarth... well well worth the money if you haven't bought that yet.

·
Super Moderator
1,210 Posts
Congratulations!

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
that's my color ca kid, and i've wanted the heritage stripe since i bought it but haven't pulled the trigger yet. I truly appreciate your pictures, and i've downloaded them to give me a better look at what might be coming my way... Have you considered the red front spoiler lip? i'm thinking that little extra accent will add a lot. BTW, i just installed the EC Euro + drive tune for my abarth... well well worth the money if you haven't bought that yet.
Have considered the red front spoiler lip. Was very happy with the workmanship of the wrap installer for my heritage stripe. He said that front part could not be satisfactorily wrapped, and did refer me to a specialized paint shop. I did visit that shop. They said it was a very unusual plastic piece, and would require a process that would take two days. I plan to go ahead with that modification, but have been too busy with other mods. Just yesterday I had four Konig Hypergram wheels in Race Bronze installed. Each wheel is 16.3 pounds, whereas the OEM wheels are 21.78.

Not sure I will consider the EC Euro + drive option. Very happy with the Sport mode setting at the moment, and do recall how a red sport car is a real ticket magnet. After my 1969 Red Fiat Spider, I owned a Red Lancia Scorpion. I was so excited about getting my new Porsche 928 while driving South from San Rafael, CA to Monterey to pick up the new car, that I picked up a substantial speeding ticket.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Have considered the red front spoiler lip. Was very happy with the workmanship of the wrap installer for my heritage stripe. He said that front part could not be satisfactorily wrapped, and did refer me to a specialized paint shop. I did visit that shop. They said it was a very unusual plastic piece, and would require a process that would take two days.
Why not get the front spoiler lip directly online. They're available on eBay and maybe elsewhere. You'll get the real thing with the right color (not the same red as Passion Rosso) for probably cheaper than custom made and painted.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'm getting a little skittish about ordering parts. Last November when I thought my Abarth was to arrive, I ordered the grille badge from NewAutoParts.com in Buzzards Bay, MA. When my Abarth finally did arrive on Apr 14th, I tried to install the badge. It was too big. When I explained to them that I could not give them a VIN number at the time, they said too bad. Their policy is that items are returnable only for a credit within 15 days from purchase subject to a 20% restocking fee. Their shipping fee for a 10 oz. item was $12.89. How unfriendly a shop could they be?
Decided to order the grille badge from a local Studio, Orange Coast Fiat in Costa Mesa, CA. Figured they should know all about Mopar parts. Guess what, the badge when it arrived was too big to fit in the Abarth grille. Go figure.???

·
Registered
298 Posts
The grille badges aren't made for the Abarth's apparently, however, I can vouch for the lip spoiler as well. Perfect fit. Having tested the look with my Rosso Abarth I'm still not sure I want to install mine..whole other issue.

·
Registered
575 Posts
I'm getting a little skittish about ordering parts. Last November when I thought my Abarth was to arrive, I ordered the grille badge from NewAutoParts.com in Buzzards Bay, MA. When my Abarth finally did arrive on Apr 14th, I tried to install the badge. It was too big. When I explained to them that I could not give them a VIN number at the time, they said too bad. Their policy is that items are returnable only for a credit within 15 days from purchase subject to a 20% restocking fee. Their shipping fee for a 10 oz. item was $12.89. How unfriendly a shop could they be?
Decided to order the grille badge from a local Studio, Orange Coast Fiat in Costa Mesa, CA. Figured they should know all about Mopar parts. Guess what, the badge when it arrived was too big to fit in the Abarth grille. Go figure.???
God that sounds like a horrendous experience dealing with them. Thanks for the heads up on staying away from there :|

1 - 20 of 20 Posts